True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more
Post Reply

[Q] Problem with Samsung Flip Cover

OP amicoqui

18th August 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Hello people, one question.

Recently I went to an Argentinian operator shop to buy a Samsung flip cover, for my galaxy s5 g900H variant. I replaced the back case for it, but, for my surprise, it didn't work. Sad, i went to another shop with the hope that it would work, but it didn't.

The s-view options doesn't appear on the accesories menu neither. And a man that was at the shop, said that I had to "scan" for the cover... is that true? or i had the bad luck that they gave me a disfunctional phone?

Also I saw that... when the phone is in stand by, the battery remains with the same percentage for hours, but when i start to use it, it drops 3-4% every 20 minutes.. is a hardware problem?

Thanks, Hernan.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, I am Argentinian.
18th August 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #2  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,403
 
9,192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicoqui

Hello people, one question.

Recently I went to an Argentinian operator shop to buy a Samsung flip cover, for my galaxy s5 g900H variant. I replaced the back case for it, but, for my surprise, it didn't work. Sad, i went to another shop with the hope that it would work, but it didn't.

The s-view options doesn't appear on the accesories menu neither. And a man that was at the shop, said that I had to "scan" for the cover... is that true? or i had the bad luck that they gave me a disfunctional phone?

Also I saw that... when the phone is in stand by, the battery remains with the same percentage for hours, but when i start to use it, it drops 3-4% every 20 minutes.. is a hardware problem?

Thanks, Hernan.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, I am Argentinian.

Either there is a problem with the phone or flipcover or maybe its not a genuine S5, i have a flipcover too and it shows all the options it is supposed too.
Install CPU-Z or Phone Info from Play to identify the phone and post a screenshot(s) here.
Last edited by gee2012; 18th August 2014 at 07:39 AM.
18th August 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Everything seems normal with cpu-z. The manufacturer, the model... Everything

Also here in argentina, the flip cover has no contacts, is that normal?
18th August 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
394 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicoqui

Everything seems normal with cpu-z. The manufacturer, the model... Everything

Also here in argentina, the flip cover has no contacts, is that normal?

Is it an S-view cover? It should have a small microchip with 2 copper contacts in the top-right corner inside the rubber waterproofing.
18th August 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #5  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,403
 
9,192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Here is a pic https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmt0mlp7j1...2016.02.03.jpg.
18th August 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Well... The one that is sold here has not contacts. Maybe is that the problem? I saw a s4 with no contacts on its flip cover and worked fine... Also. About the battery problem, what could be the cause?
18th August 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #7  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,403
 
9,192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicoqui

Well... The one that is sold here has not contacts. Maybe is that the problem? I saw a s4 with no contacts on its flip cover and worked fine... Also. About the battery problem, what could be the cause?

Probably a or several apps beeing busy in the background. Install BetterBatteryStatts to see what the biggest power consumers are.
18th August 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
394 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicoqui

Well... The one that is sold here has not contacts. Maybe is that the problem? I saw a s4 with no contacts on its flip cover and worked fine... Also. About the battery problem, what could be the cause?

I believe the S4 one is magnetised. The S5 version isn't, which means the cover doesn't always close fully. At least I experience that.

Instead, the S5 requires 2 pins to be shorted underneath.

As for the battery: it could be a software issue, or it could be that your phone isn't suffering from any wakelocks or partial wakelocks and your phone is deep sleeping. Also the Exynos is Quadcore; each core is slower than a single Qualcomm version - but if your phone is only using 1 core, the Exynos will have better battery life in that situation.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes