Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with Samsung Flip Cover

Tip us?

amicoqui
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Problem with Samsung Flip Cover

Hello people, one question.

Recently I went to an Argentinian operator shop to buy a Samsung flip cover, for my galaxy s5 g900H variant. I replaced the back case for it, but, for my surprise, it didn't work. Sad, i went to another shop with the hope that it would work, but it didn't.

The s-view options doesn't appear on the accesories menu neither. And a man that was at the shop, said that I had to "scan" for the cover... is that true? or i had the bad luck that they gave me a disfunctional phone?

Also I saw that... when the phone is in stand by, the battery remains with the same percentage for hours, but when i start to use it, it drops 3-4% every 20 minutes.. is a hardware problem?

Thanks, Hernan.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, I am Argentinian.

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 18th August 2014 at 06:39 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicoqui View Post
Hello people, one question.

Recently I went to an Argentinian operator shop to buy a Samsung flip cover, for my galaxy s5 g900H variant. I replaced the back case for it, but, for my surprise, it didn't work. Sad, i went to another shop with the hope that it would work, but it didn't.

The s-view options doesn't appear on the accesories menu neither. And a man that was at the shop, said that I had to "scan" for the cover... is that true? or i had the bad luck that they gave me a disfunctional phone?

Also I saw that... when the phone is in stand by, the battery remains with the same percentage for hours, but when i start to use it, it drops 3-4% every 20 minutes.. is a hardware problem?

Thanks, Hernan.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, I am Argentinian.
Either there is a problem with the phone or flipcover or maybe its not a genuine S5, i have a flipcover too and it shows all the options it is supposed too.
Install CPU-Z or Phone Info from Play to identify the phone and post a screenshot(s) here.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

amicoqui
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Everything seems normal with cpu-z. The manufacturer, the model... Everything

Also here in argentina, the flip cover has no contacts, is that normal?

russ18uk
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Everything seems normal with cpu-z. The manufacturer, the model... Everything

Also here in argentina, the flip cover has no contacts, is that normal?
Is it an S-view cover? It should have a small microchip with 2 copper contacts in the top-right corner inside the rubber waterproofing.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,066
Here is a pic https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmt0mlp7j1...2016.02.03.jpg.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

amicoqui
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well... The one that is sold here has not contacts. Maybe is that the problem? I saw a s4 with no contacts on its flip cover and worked fine... Also. About the battery problem, what could be the cause?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,066
Quote:
Well... The one that is sold here has not contacts. Maybe is that the problem? I saw a s4 with no contacts on its flip cover and worked fine... Also. About the battery problem, what could be the cause?
Probably a or several apps beeing busy in the background. Install BetterBatteryStatts to see what the biggest power consumers are.

russ18uk
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
I believe the S4 one is magnetised. The S5 version isn't, which means the cover doesn't always close fully. At least I experience that.

Instead, the S5 requires 2 pins to be shorted underneath.

As for the battery: it could be a software issue, or it could be that your phone isn't suffering from any wakelocks or partial wakelocks and your phone is deep sleeping. Also the Exynos is Quadcore; each core is slower than a single Qualcomm version - but if your phone is only using 1 core, the Exynos will have better battery life in that situation.