Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Connect ALL THE THINGS with Xender

Smartphones, with all of their all connectivity options courtesy of OEMs, can easily connect themselves … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Problem with Samsung Flip Cover

OP amicoqui

18th August 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello people, one question.

Recently I went to an Argentinian operator shop to buy a Samsung flip cover, for my galaxy s5 g900H variant. I replaced the back case for it, but, for my surprise, it didn't work. Sad, i went to another shop with the hope that it would work, but it didn't.

The s-view options doesn't appear on the accesories menu neither. And a man that was at the shop, said that I had to "scan" for the cover... is that true? or i had the bad luck that they gave me a disfunctional phone?

Also I saw that... when the phone is in stand by, the battery remains with the same percentage for hours, but when i start to use it, it drops 3-4% every 20 minutes.. is a hardware problem?

Thanks, Hernan.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, I am Argentinian.
18th August 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,243

8,806 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amicoqui

Hello people, one question.

Recently I went to an Argentinian operator shop to buy a Samsung flip cover, for my galaxy s5 g900H variant. I replaced the back case for it, but, for my surprise, it didn't work. Sad, i went to another shop with the hope that it would work, but it didn't.

The s-view options doesn't appear on the accesories menu neither. And a man that was at the shop, said that I had to "scan" for the cover... is that true? or i had the bad luck that they gave me a disfunctional phone?

Also I saw that... when the phone is in stand by, the battery remains with the same percentage for hours, but when i start to use it, it drops 3-4% every 20 minutes.. is a hardware problem?

Thanks, Hernan.

PD: Sorry for my bad english, I am Argentinian.

Either there is a problem with the phone or flipcover or maybe its not a genuine S5, i have a flipcover too and it shows all the options it is supposed too.
Install CPU-Z or Phone Info from Play to identify the phone and post a screenshot(s) here.
Last edited by gee2012; 18th August 2014 at 07:39 AM.
18th August 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Everything seems normal with cpu-z. The manufacturer, the model... Everything

Also here in argentina, the flip cover has no contacts, is that normal?
18th August 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 66

394 posts
More
Quote:

Everything seems normal with cpu-z. The manufacturer, the model... Everything

Also here in argentina, the flip cover has no contacts, is that normal?

Is it an S-view cover? It should have a small microchip with 2 copper contacts in the top-right corner inside the rubber waterproofing.
18th August 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,806 posts
More
Here is a pic https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmt0mlp7j1...2016.02.03.jpg.
18th August 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Well... The one that is sold here has not contacts. Maybe is that the problem? I saw a s4 with no contacts on its flip cover and worked fine... Also. About the battery problem, what could be the cause?
18th August 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,806 posts
More
Quote:

Well... The one that is sold here has not contacts. Maybe is that the problem? I saw a s4 with no contacts on its flip cover and worked fine... Also. About the battery problem, what could be the cause?

Probably a or several apps beeing busy in the background. Install BetterBatteryStatts to see what the biggest power consumers are.
18th August 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 66

394 posts
More
Quote:

I believe the S4 one is magnetised. The S5 version isn't, which means the cover doesn't always close fully. At least I experience that.

Instead, the S5 requires 2 pins to be shorted underneath.

As for the battery: it could be a software issue, or it could be that your phone isn't suffering from any wakelocks or partial wakelocks and your phone is deep sleeping. Also the Exynos is Quadcore; each core is slower than a single Qualcomm version - but if your phone is only using 1 core, the Exynos will have better battery life in that situation.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread