Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Lightbulb [Q] Is it possible change S5 variant

OP sahan756

17th August 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have a g900s sktelecom variant and I would like to know if it can be flashed with a firmware for another variant?

I already tried flashing a firmware for g900f but didn't work. It gives "auth fail" at sbl1 or something right after start.

Thanks in advance.
18th August 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahan756

I have a g900s sktelecom variant and I would like to know if it can be flashed with a firmware for another variant?

I already tried flashing a firmware for g900f but didn't work. It gives "auth fail" at sbl1 or something right after start.

Thanks in advance.

Question is, WHY would you flash a different variant firmware.

No, you can't flash Stock firmwares to other variants, some custom roms however are compatible with multiple variants.
18th August 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,247

8,812 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahan756

Thanks in advance.

You could try to convert it into a iPhone 6
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread