Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,164 Members 39,207 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems with Galaxy 5s 900S (CLONE)

Tip us?

arnele
Old
(Last edited by arnele; 28th August 2014 at 10:50 PM.) Reason: grammar and additions
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Problems with Galaxy 5s 900S (CLONE)

Hi. I have a Samsung Galaxy 5s SM-900S. I discovered after buying it that it is a clone. Oh well!

I rooted it using Root Genius (Chinese) from Shuame download.

It was working great. Then I deleted some bloatware apps, and disabled others.

After that, all hell broke loose. I was stuck in a flash screen boot loop.

A techie friend put the phone in download mode, and it was able to open up, but no home page.

Then he downloaded Nova launcher, and I got my home page back.

But it was a slightly different home page.

The phone originally said 900T (under- about device), but I know it is G900S (from 3 apps that display the phone specs).

Now it says G900.

The problems now are:

1. my phone dialer disappeared. I downloaded another, but it wont ring when a call comes in
2. Every few minutes when doing anything, I get a message- Unfortunately, the process android process.acore has stopped.

I then must press the ok button to continue.

Can anyone help me? Do I need to flash a new ROM?

I don't wantto reset to factory settings if I can avoid it.

I am a newbie. But I learn fast.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Arnele

nbeebe24
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 907

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnele View Post
Hi. I have a Samsung Galaxy 5s SM-900S. I discovered after buying it that it is a clone. Oh well!

I rooted it using Root Genius (Chinese) from Shuame download.

It was working great. Then I deleted some bloatware apps, and disabled others.

After that, all hell broke loose. I was stuck in a flash screen boot loop.

A techie friend put the phone in download mode, and it was able to open up, but no home page.

Then he downloaded Nova launcher, and I got my home page back.

But it was a slightly different home page.

The phone originally said 900T (under- about device), but I know it is G900S (from 3 apps that display the phone specs).

Now it says G900.

The problems now are:

1. my phone dialer disappeared. I downloaded another, but it wont ring when a call comes in
2. Every few minutes when doing anything, I get a message- Unfortunately, the process android process.acore has stopped.

I then must press the ok button to continue.

Can anyone help me? Do I need to flash a new ROM?

I don't wantto reset to factory settings if I can avoid it.

I am a newbie. But I learn fast.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Arnele
I'm just going to let you know right now... You're not going to get support in an official device thread for a clone.
The Following User Says Thank You to nbeebe24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,060
I`m sorry you got scammed mate, try to get your money back or file a police report for fraude if the device was advertised as a genuine Galaxy S5.
There is no support for this (also not by the manufacturer) device and even finding a working rom wil be very difficult.
Good luck and hope you learn from this, if it sounds to be too good to be true, it usualy is
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

nbeebe24
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 907

DONATE TO ME
Sad to say, but he's pretty much out of luck. Scammers know they're selling a phone that's not genuine, so chances of getting money back are slim to none. Police also don't care. If you bought it with cash just take this as a life lesson, because there's pretty much nothing else you can do.