Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,163 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems updating via OTA and/or ODIN

Tip us?

projectsome
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q] Problems updating via OTA and/or ODIN

Currently running G900FXXU1ANE2 on an EE branded S5. (Previously rooted with towel root and supesu)

keep getting notifications to update firmware but when I do it via OTA it comes up updated failed connect to kies (on PC) the problem being, I don't own a PC so that's not an option

I've tried installing mobile odin via the play store so I can install it manually,but when I try to open it, mobile odin just force closes. I've tried unrooting and re-rooting to see if that fixes the odin problem but to no avail.

Any suggestions on how to update via OTA/Odin without a PC or any other solutions?

Thanks
Previous: SGSIII White unrooted CM10
iphone 5 16gb black
iphone 5 32gb white
SGSIII LTE Omnirom 4.4.4
New: Samsung Galaxt S5 Sparkling white
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.

sepu79
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectsome View Post
Currently running G900FXXU1ANE2 on an EE branded S5. (Previously rooted with towel root and supesu)

keep getting notifications to update firmware but when I do it via OTA it comes up updated failed connect to kies (on PC) the problem being, I don't own a PC so that's not an option

I've tried installing mobile odin via the play store so I can install it manually,but when I try to open it, mobile odin just force closes. I've tried unrooting and re-rooting to see if that fixes the odin problem but to no avail.

Any suggestions on how to update via OTA/Odin without a PC or any other solutions?

Thanks
i have same problem.
My phone downloads update but when it starts do install it this failed message comes and phone boots.
towelrooted my s5 and installed xposed and su.
Sgs V [ kit kat ] 4.4.2 stock
sgs lll 4g [JB Rom ] 4.3
sgs ll [JB Rom] 4.2.2 Slimbean
sgs l [ICS ROM] TiramiSlim Final V. 2.0

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepu79 View Post
i have same problem.
My phone downloads update but when it starts do install it this failed message comes and phone boots.
towelrooted my s5 and installed xposed and su.
Well OTA`s can`t be installed if you are rooted and changed the system.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue