FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] [ROM][G900F][XXU1ANH6][12/10] PhoeniX ROM v4.0 [Big Aroma | Unique | Fast | St

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By QA Bot, Guest on 23rd October 2014, 11:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for [ROM][G900F][XXU1ANH6][12/10] PhoeniX ROM v4.0 [Big Aroma | Unique | Fast | Stable]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][G900F][XXU1ANH6][12/10] PhoeniX ROM v4.0 [Big Aroma | Unique | Fast | Stable]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!
 
 
23rd October 2014, 11:46 AM |#2  
Strepherd's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have a problem, every time I sent a message, same without read confirmation, I get a toast notification saying 'message sent" after every message I sent.

Can you help me ?
24th October 2014, 01:22 AM |#3  
dashrink's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 148
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strepherd

I have a problem, every time I sent a message, same without read confirmation, I get a toast notification saying 'message sent" after every message I sent.

Can you help me ?

Go to message app and open settings. Choose sms or text message option. Untick delivery report.

Voila

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
24th October 2014, 09:17 PM |#4  
Strepherd's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
That's not the delivery report, I already unticked it. A little toast notification on the keyboard say " message sent "
28th October 2014, 11:07 AM |#5  
Strepherd's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Up
31st October 2014, 01:46 PM |#6  
fatfingers25's Avatar
Member
Flag Davao
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Phoenix Rom ToolBox bug
Hello and good day, I'm new in this forum and to installing custom roms. I've encountered some force closing in toolbox when I tried putting a different app in it. After selecting the desired app and clicking save, I cannot edit the toolbox anymore. Please help . Thanks in advance.
1st November 2014, 01:07 AM |#7  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 1,390
 
Donate to Me
More
Do you want to disable toast altogether? @Shepherd? You can alter these via xposed modules, can't for the life of me remember which one, I know xui mod allows you to change them but I don't know about removing then completely. Try and see.
1st November 2014, 01:12 AM |#8  
fatfingers25's Avatar
Member
Flag Davao
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

Do you want to disable toast altogether? @Shepherd? You can alter these via xposed modules, can't for the life of me remember which one, I know xui mod allows you to change them but I don't know about removing then completely. Try and see.

.
Thank you for the reply. I'm kinda new, i was planning to wipe internal memory using super wipe(putting it inside external sd card [2GB size]) then after the super wipe, can i put the Custom ROM inside the wiped internal of my phone? can i flash the custom ROM using odin? sorry for the newbie questions.
2nd November 2014, 01:27 AM |#9  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 1,390
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfingers25

.
Thank you for the reply. I'm kinda new, i was planning to wipe internal memory using super wipe(putting it inside external sd card [2GB size]) then after the super wipe, can i put the Custom ROM inside the wiped internal of my phone? can i flash the custom ROM using odin? sorry for the newbie questions.

A custom rom is usually flashed via either the internal or external memories, I prefer the external as you have the flexibility to remove it and copy another over if your phone is in a non bootable state.

Once you're rooted and have a custom recovery installed all you need to do is copy it over and flash it, no need for odin at that point, unless you want to flash a modem or bootloader.

Perhaps when android 5 comes along we'll be updating both the modem and bootloader but until that time you're just fine with what you have, a super wipe bare in mind will wipe everything, no OS left at all, so keep your ROM on your SD Card so you can flash it later.

Only reason you would need a super or mega wipe is if theres parts of your OS that have become undeletable or corrupt.

I wouldn't bother, just clean up your SD card (Internal) whilst connected to your PC and then perform a full wipe from within recovery and cache and dalvic, then flash a rom.

But if things are functional you don't even need to do that.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

What state is your phone currently in?

IF it's stock then you will need to follow the instructions which are on the Foxhound main thread, I believe it's copied from another thread, NeatRom, if you follow it correctly your warranty will remain intact.

IF you're already rooted and have a custom recovery installed then simply copy the rom to your SD and flash it via recovery, you may need a separate kernel in order for the phone to boot properly. So grab that before wiping.

Always make a back up so you can revert back if things go wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dladz Ad-Free
2nd November 2014, 04:07 PM |#10  
fatfingers25's Avatar
Member
Flag Davao
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

A custom rom is usually flashed via either the internal or external memories, I prefer the external as you have the flexibility to remove it and copy another over if your phone is in a non bootable state.

Once you're rooted and have a custom recovery installed all you need to do is copy it over and flash it, no need for odin at that point, unless you want to flash a modem or bootloader.

Perhaps when android 5 comes along we'll be updating both the modem and bootloader but until that time you're just fine with what you have, a super wipe bare in mind will wipe everything, no OS left at all, so keep your ROM on your SD Card so you can flash it later.

Only reason you would need a super or mega wipe is if theres parts of your OS that have become undeletable or corrupt.

I wouldn't bother, just clean up your SD card (Internal) whilst connected to your PC and then perform a full wipe from within recovery and cache and dalvic, then flash a rom.

But if things are functional you don't even need to do that.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

What state is your phone currently in?

IF it's stock then you will need to follow the instructions which are on the Foxhound main thread, I believe it's copied from another thread, NeatRom, if you follow it correctly your warranty will remain intact.

IF you're already rooted and have a custom recovery installed then simply copy the rom to your SD and flash it via recovery, you may need a separate kernel in order for the phone to boot properly. So grab that before wiping.

Always make a back up so you can revert back if things go wrong.

Thank you sir for the response. I was wondering if making the phone's internal a full wipe by using a script or something could really wipe everything inside the phones internal memory. As i've read here in the forums, The said script would wipe the whole internal memory therefore creating a lesser compatibility issue custom ROM after flashing. As I've stated earlier, I really wanted Phoenix ROM due to it's flavor and features. Though NeatROM is quite good itself( I'm not a developer ). For now, Phoenix ROM is okay after experiencing a bug with the ToolBox , then again i was able to remove the issue by doing a factory reset and the ToolBox feature was okay. So far so good as i can say proudly. Thank for the excellent instructions. Good day.
2nd November 2014, 10:11 PM |#11  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 1,390
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfingers25

Thank you sir for the response. I was wondering if making the phone's internal a full wipe by using a script or something could really wipe everything inside the phones internal memory. As i've read here in the forums, The said script would wipe the whole internal memory therefore creating a lesser compatibility issue custom ROM after flashing. As I've stated earlier, I really wanted Phoenix ROM due to it's flavor and features. Though NeatROM is quite good itself( I'm not a developer ). For now, Phoenix ROM is okay after experiencing a bug with the ToolBox , then again i was able to remove the issue by doing a factory reset and the ToolBox feature was okay. So far so good as i can say proudly. Thank for the excellent instructions. Good day.

Click thanks if someone helps u bro.

No problem by the way, I only suggested neat rom as it has good guidance.

If you're already on Foxhound (phoenix) then in my opinion you have the best of the bunch, just wait for raffa to update it, the next rom will bring a good few changes and a lot of fixes.

Personally i find this version to be more than ok v1.1
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dladz Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes