FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q&A] update with FlashFire toG900FXXU1BOD3

QA Bot
19th April 2015, 03:25 PM |#1  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Q&A for update with FlashFire toG900FXXU1BOD3

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for update with FlashFire toG900FXXU1BOD3. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

19th April 2015, 03:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynl078

This is guide on how to flash firmware with FlashFire from chain fire without tripping knox

Download latest firmware from sammobile
Place zip file On internal sd on device
Open FlashFire v15
Flash firmware package
FlashFire will extract ad prepare for installation takes around 5min or so
Tick all files FlashFire extracted for install
Finally flash firmware
FlashFire automatically selects everoot option so you have root after update

So does this mean that choosing everoot option and flashing official BOD3 firmware (from sammobile) retains ROOT and definitely does not trip KNOX? Can anyone else confirm this ?

My S5 G900F is currently running BOC7 firmware with root (thanks to ALEXNDR build). Originally rooted with Towelroot on KitKat and upgraded via ODIN Mobile PRO to BOC7.

If I was to flash official firmware BOD3 using this method, I assume I would then have to re-install SuperSU etc ?

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa
Previous Thread Next Thread