Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

[Q] Random Sprint GS5 questions.

OP VarkTheShark

29th August 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
The few questions I have are if I root my Sprint GS5 theres some things I want to know if I can do or not.
1) I wanna know that if I root my phone can I change the color of my pull-down notification center/entire settings menu or change my battery icon in the top right ir just little things like that in general.
2) Im not a big fan of Androids version of Twitter so I was wondering that if my phone was rooted would I be able to get Apple's version of Twitter on my GS5. Or if I could get keyboards that wouldnt normally be available without root access.

Any help or feedback will be appreciated, Thank you.
29th August 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 551

1,890 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarkTheShark

would I be able to get Apple's version of Twitter on my GS5

No. Apple IOS is a different operating system than Android, so you can't run Apple apps on a S5. See if there is an Android version of the app or look at the other Android versions to find a similar app that is to your taste.

Changing icons and colours is a lot easier. Given root, you can use Xposed framework and Wanam to make those changes. Or any number of other theming apps. You could even learn how to theme (make the changes manually) if you wish too by studying the theming tutorials in the forum.

Lots of keyboards and a lot of other stuff that you could never do on Apple as well.

30th August 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

No. Apple IOS is a different operating system than Android, so you can't run Apple apps on a S5. See if there is an Android version of the app or look at the other Android versions to find a similar app that is to your taste.

Changing icons and colours is a lot easier. Given root, you can use Xposed framework and Wanam to make those changes. Or any number of other theming apps. You could even learn how to theme (make the changes manually) if you wish too by studying the theming tutorials in the forum.

Lots of keyboards and a lot of other stuff that you could never do on Apple as well.

Okay thank you. So you're telling me that "Xposed Framework and Wanam" will allow me to change the color of my pull down notification bar and settings, or my battery icon easily? Because I've wanted to root my phone for awhile so I can get these added benefits but I've been worried that I wont do it right and I'll somehow mess my phone up.
31st August 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 80

346 posts
Quote:

Okay thank you. So you're telling me that "Xposed Framework and Wanam" will allow me to change the color of my pull down notification bar and settings, or my battery icon easily? Because I've wanted to root my phone for awhile so I can get these added benefits but I've been worried that I wont do it right and I'll somehow mess my phone up.

Look for towelroot in the Sprint GS5 forum post I provided (make sure you download the version posted in the forum by CCallahan and not directly from towelroot.com - it will not work: read in the post why) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2737724

I did it to my SM-G900P and it was the easiest method ive ever encountered with a phone so far (1 click root) Just make sure to install SuperSU after you towelroot

And yes, download Xposed Installer and search for Wanam mod in the installer's search feature. And also get XBlast Tools. Wanam is for TouchWiz - XBlast Tools are for every device. Combined, you will be able to do whatever you want.

Hope this helps! - zmag

P.S. (feel free to hit the thanks button if I did)
Last edited by zmag; 31st August 2014 at 04:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to zmag For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 551

1,890 posts
Quote:

I've been worried that I wont do it right and I'll somehow mess my phone up.

Nothing is risk free, including walking across a street or rooting a phone. But if you took a few minutes to read some posts in the forum, you'd quickly learn that 99% of people don't have any significant problems. If you're still worried, then don't root your phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmag

Look for towelroot in the Sprint GS5 forum post I provided (make sure you download the version posted in the forum by CCallahan and not directly from towelroot.com - it will not work: read in the post why) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2737724

I did it to my SM-G900P and it was the easiest method ive ever encountered with a phone so far (1 click root) Just make sure to install SuperSU after you towelroot

And yes, download Xposed Installer and search for Wanam mod in the installer's search feature. And also get XBlast Tools. Wanam is for TouchWiz - XBlast Tools are for every device. Combined, you will be able to do whatever you want.

Hope this helps! - zmag

P.S. (feel free to hit the thanks button if I did)

Thanks. I'll be sure do get Xblast. I actually rooted my phone shortly after I asked this question. So all is good now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread