No registration required

[Q] Replace stock Samsung in-call UI

OP Nicnivian

5th September 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi, all.

I'm at my wits end on this one. Been a long time lurker, but this will be my first step into the community.

As far as my device goes, I'm running a Galaxy S5 G900i. It is currently flashed with XtreStoLite and Ktoonz kernal.
I'm also very new to this entire thing. Apart from rooting Android, this is my baby steps into flashing.

What I'm wanting, is the default Android in-call UI. I had it on Alliance ROM but Xtre uses the stock Samsung one, and I hate it.

Is there anyway I can get the Samsung one completely replaced? Apps from the Play store just don't cut it.

Appreciate your time everyone! :]

[apparently I am unable to post links of the pictures to show you exactly what I am after]
5th September 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

54 posts
More
You may need to try another ROM...the Samsung in-call UI is built into TouchWiz.
5th September 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzZYJr

You may need to try another ROM...the Samsung in-call UI is built into TouchWiz.

Damn, I thought given Alliance rom is touchwiz there would be a way to do it.
6th September 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #4  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 3,005

1,803 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnivian

Hi, all.

I'm at my wits end on this one. Been a long time lurker, but this will be my first step into the community.

As far as my device goes, I'm running a Galaxy S5 G900i. It is currently flashed with XtreStoLite and Ktoonz kernal.
I'm also very new to this entire thing. Apart from rooting Android, this is my baby steps into flashing.

What I'm wanting, is the default Android in-call UI. I had it on Alliance ROM but Xtre uses the stock Samsung one, and I hate it.

Is there anyway I can get the Samsung one completely replaced? Apps from the Play store just don't cut it.

Appreciate your time everyone! :]

[apparently I am unable to post links of the pictures to show you exactly what I am after]

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzZYJr

No it is not. Just pull the incall.apk from system/priv-app and replace the one that is their (after backing up of course). Some roms (like alliance) are heavily modded though so unforseen crashes and stuff can occur. I would try and pull one from a rom that is close to stock as possible.
6th September 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215

No it is not. Just pull the incall.apk from system/priv-app and replace the one that is their (after backing up of course). Some roms (like alliance) are heavily modded though so unforseen crashes and stuff can occur. I would try and pull one from a rom that is close to stock as possible.

Grabbed the incall.apk from Alliance ROM and replaced the one in my phone, but no love. It had no interface and I had to shut down the device to end the call.

There must be other dependencies. Ah well... Guess it's not do'able. Thanks for all the help anyway!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread