Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 44,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Replace stock Samsung in-call UI

Tip us?

Nicnivian
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Replace stock Samsung in-call UI

Hi, all.

I'm at my wits end on this one. Been a long time lurker, but this will be my first step into the community.

As far as my device goes, I'm running a Galaxy S5 G900i. It is currently flashed with XtreStoLite and Ktoonz kernal.
I'm also very new to this entire thing. Apart from rooting Android, this is my baby steps into flashing.

What I'm wanting, is the default Android in-call UI. I had it on Alliance ROM but Xtre uses the stock Samsung one, and I hate it.

Is there anyway I can get the Samsung one completely replaced? Apps from the Play store just don't cut it.

Appreciate your time everyone! :]

[apparently I am unable to post links of the pictures to show you exactly what I am after]

IzZYJr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You may need to try another ROM...the Samsung in-call UI is built into TouchWiz.

Nicnivian
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzZYJr View Post
You may need to try another ROM...the Samsung in-call UI is built into TouchWiz.

Damn, I thought given Alliance rom is touchwiz there would be a way to do it.

tp2215
Old
Thanks Meter 2,848

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnivian View Post
Hi, all.

I'm at my wits end on this one. Been a long time lurker, but this will be my first step into the community.

As far as my device goes, I'm running a Galaxy S5 G900i. It is currently flashed with XtreStoLite and Ktoonz kernal.
I'm also very new to this entire thing. Apart from rooting Android, this is my baby steps into flashing.

What I'm wanting, is the default Android in-call UI. I had it on Alliance ROM but Xtre uses the stock Samsung one, and I hate it.

Is there anyway I can get the Samsung one completely replaced? Apps from the Play store just don't cut it.

Appreciate your time everyone! :]

[apparently I am unable to post links of the pictures to show you exactly what I am after]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzZYJr View Post
No it is not. Just pull the incall.apk from system/priv-app and replace the one that is their (after backing up of course). Some roms (like alliance) are heavily modded though so unforseen crashes and stuff can occur. I would try and pull one from a rom that is close to stock as possible.
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread

Nicnivian
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
No it is not. Just pull the incall.apk from system/priv-app and replace the one that is their (after backing up of course). Some roms (like alliance) are heavily modded though so unforseen crashes and stuff can occur. I would try and pull one from a rom that is close to stock as possible.
Grabbed the incall.apk from Alliance ROM and replaced the one in my phone, but no love. It had no interface and I had to shut down the device to end the call.

There must be other dependencies. Ah well... Guess it's not do'able. Thanks for all the help anyway!