Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

restore... unroot questions

Tip us?

OJsakila
Old
(Last edited by OJsakila; 10th July 2014 at 11:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default restore... unroot questions

What would happen if I allowed the at&t update to happen? I am rooted with towel root and added titanium and safestrap. that's it. Can I restore to the original AT&T rom? I am obviously on AT&T and rolling with the s5 Active.

not really impressed with the root on this particular device...Samsung will allow a ton of custom setups and I can deal with the bloatware compared to the instability of just being rooted...Ive had more call drops and stutters and blackscreens since rooting... no biggie

Just want to know if I can just apply the update or do I need to jump through hoops?

Please understand that I'm "slow" and rode the short bus to school...Please refrain from treating me that way. im not all there.. just help Thanks.
I'm freaking Rooted! ...on most of my contraptions..

polish_pat
Old
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsakila View Post
What would happen if I allowed the at&t update to happen? I am rooted with towel root and added titanium and safestrap. that's it. Can I restore to the original AT&T rom? I am obviously on AT&T and rolling with the s5 Active.

not really impressed with the root on this particular device...Samsung will allow a ton of custom setups and I can deal with the bloatware compared to the instability of just being rooted...Ive had more call drops and stutters and blackscreens since rooting... no biggie

Just want to know if I can just apply the update or do I need to jump through hoops?

Please understand that I'm "slow" and rode the short bus to school...Please refrain from treating me that way. im not all there.. just help Thanks.
you'll be unrooted if you update. thats it, back to full stock

OJsakila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat View Post
you'll be unrooted if you update. thats it, back to full stock
Excellent answer. Thanks.

Simone
Old
Thanks Meter 721
Quote:
Excellent answer. Thanks.
I suggest you learn more about rooting. It's awesome once you know how and what you can benefit from it. Worth the Knox 0x1 at some point.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)
ROM:XtreStoLite
Kernel: KToonsez
Recovery: TWRP

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 11th July 2014 at 08:21 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,057
Quote:

The update may comtain a patch for Towelroot so you might not be able to root after that, CF Auto Root will work but it will trip KNOX.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jb_alphamale
Old
Thanks Meter 49
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
The update may comtain a patch for Towelroot so you might not be able to root after that, CF Auto Root will work but it will trip KNOX.

Aiden_7
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If You want To return To stock unroot i think You Can simply reinstall stock rom with Odin
The Following User Says Thank You to Aiden_7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OJsakila
Old
(Last edited by OJsakila; 11th July 2014 at 11:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simone View Post
I suggest you learn more about rooting. It's awesome once you know how and what you can benefit from it. Worth the Knox 0x1 at some point.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
If you notice... Ive been a member of this forum for 5+ years... Post count means nothing...while others are posting, I'm "learning more about rooting." Plus, I'm highly gun shy about posting idiotic and useless comments around here. There is no tolerance for such sensationalism..

So, thanks for the suggestion but I'm as well read about rooting as you are. Yes, its awesome...I know. Thanks, though... but The Problem seems to be that (with AT&T) stability is compromised. Worth the ability for me to lose bloatware? ...especially with a highly customizable Samsung?? Questionable right now...
Still "learning."
Just wonderin' about restoring...

OJsakila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden_7 View Post
If You want To return To stock unroot i think You Can simply reinstall stock rom with Odin
+1
Thanks.

Simone
Old
Thanks Meter 721
Quote:
If you notice... Ive been a member of this forum for 5+ years... Post count means nothing...while others are posting, I'm "learning more about rooting." Plus, I'm highly gun shy about posting idiotic and useless comments around here. There is no tolerance for such sensationalism..

So, thanks for the suggestion but I'm as well read about rooting as you are. Yes, its awesome...I know. Thanks, though... but The Problem seems to be that (with AT&T) stability is compromised. Worth the ability for me to lose bloatware? ...especially with a highly customizable Samsung?? Questionable right now...
Still "learning."
Just wonderin' about restoring...
Oh, sorry. LOL! I was using Tapatalk so I did not see all your details
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)
ROM:XtreStoLite
Kernel: KToonsez
Recovery: TWRP