Post Reply

restore... unroot questions

OP OJsakila

10th July 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #1  
OJsakila's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
What would happen if I allowed the at&t update to happen? I am rooted with towel root and added titanium and safestrap. that's it. Can I restore to the original AT&T rom? I am obviously on AT&T and rolling with the s5 Active.

not really impressed with the root on this particular device...Samsung will allow a ton of custom setups and I can deal with the bloatware compared to the instability of just being rooted...Ive had more call drops and stutters and blackscreens since rooting... no biggie

Just want to know if I can just apply the update or do I need to jump through hoops?

Please understand that I'm "slow" and rode the short bus to school...Please refrain from treating me that way. im not all there.. just help Thanks.
Last edited by OJsakila; 10th July 2014 at 11:56 PM.
11th July 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 356
 
1,449 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsakila

What would happen if I allowed the at&t update to happen? I am rooted with towel root and added titanium and safestrap. that's it. Can I restore to the original AT&T rom? I am obviously on AT&T and rolling with the s5 Active.

not really impressed with the root on this particular device...Samsung will allow a ton of custom setups and I can deal with the bloatware compared to the instability of just being rooted...Ive had more call drops and stutters and blackscreens since rooting... no biggie

Just want to know if I can just apply the update or do I need to jump through hoops?

Please understand that I'm "slow" and rode the short bus to school...Please refrain from treating me that way. im not all there.. just help Thanks.

you'll be unrooted if you update. thats it, back to full stock
11th July 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #3  
OJsakila's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat

you'll be unrooted if you update. thats it, back to full stock

Excellent answer. Thanks.
11th July 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #4  
Simone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 726
 
1,668 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsakila

Excellent answer. Thanks.

I suggest you learn more about rooting. It's awesome once you know how and what you can benefit from it. Worth the Knox 0x1 at some point.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
11th July 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #5  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,141
 
8,550 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsakila

What would happen if I allowed the at&t update to happen? I am rooted with towel root and added titanium and safestrap. that's it. Can I restore to the original AT&T rom? I am obviously on AT&T and rolling with the s5 Active.

not really impressed with the root on this particular device...Samsung will allow a ton of custom setups and I can deal with the bloatware compared to the instability of just being rooted...Ive had more call drops and stutters and blackscreens since rooting... no biggie

Just want to know if I can just apply the update or do I need to jump through hoops?

Please understand that I'm "slow" and rode the short bus to school...Please refrain from treating me that way. im not all there.. just help Thanks.

The update may comtain a patch for Towelroot so you might not be able to root after that, CF Auto Root will work but it will trip KNOX.
Last edited by gee2012; 11th July 2014 at 08:21 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
371 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

The update may comtain a patch for Towelroot so you might not be able to root after that, CF Auto Root will work but it will trip KNOX.

11th July 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
If You want To return To stock unroot i think You Can simply reinstall stock rom with Odin
The Following User Says Thank You to Aiden_7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #8  
OJsakila's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simone

I suggest you learn more about rooting. It's awesome once you know how and what you can benefit from it. Worth the Knox 0x1 at some point.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you notice... Ive been a member of this forum for 5+ years... Post count means nothing...while others are posting, I'm "learning more about rooting." Plus, I'm highly gun shy about posting idiotic and useless comments around here. There is no tolerance for such sensationalism..

So, thanks for the suggestion but I'm as well read about rooting as you are. Yes, its awesome...I know. Thanks, though... but The Problem seems to be that (with AT&T) stability is compromised. Worth the ability for me to lose bloatware? ...especially with a highly customizable Samsung?? Questionable right now...
Still "learning."
Just wonderin' about restoring...
Last edited by OJsakila; 11th July 2014 at 11:28 PM.
12th July 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #9  
OJsakila's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden_7

If You want To return To stock unroot i think You Can simply reinstall stock rom with Odin

+1
Thanks.
12th July 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #10  
Simone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 726
 
1,668 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsakila

If you notice... Ive been a member of this forum for 5+ years... Post count means nothing...while others are posting, I'm "learning more about rooting." Plus, I'm highly gun shy about posting idiotic and useless comments around here. There is no tolerance for such sensationalism..

So, thanks for the suggestion but I'm as well read about rooting as you are. Yes, its awesome...I know. Thanks, though... but The Problem seems to be that (with AT&T) stability is compromised. Worth the ability for me to lose bloatware? ...especially with a highly customizable Samsung?? Questionable right now...
Still "learning."
Just wonderin' about restoring...

Oh, sorry. LOL! I was using Tapatalk so I did not see all your details

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank