Resurrecting the spark Galaxy S5 somehow lost

Search This thread

main43

Aug 21, 2014
I feel like my phone got extremely boring and harsh to use day to day, it lacks the initial freshness and stuff like that, it just isn't so fly like it was a few weeks ago. I was wondering if someone could bring up some root tweaks to refresh the user experience, possibly without losing the original rom

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I feel like my phone got extremely boring and harsh to use day to day, it lacks the initial freshness and stuff like that, it just isn't so fly like it was a few weeks ago. I was wondering if someone could bring up some root tweaks to refresh the user experience, possibly without losing the original rom

You could try installing Xposed installer, it has some nice modules to add looks and fuctionality to the phone.

main43

Aug 21, 2014
First, thank you for your quick response.
I already have Wanam and squashed every fancy bit out of it, but it just doesn't feel so alive even through it looks at it best. I would apprecciate if someone could acknowledge some tweaks that can do things like gesture swiping between multitasked applications, like in chrome for android and its tabs, or as it was on old iPhones with some tweaks from Cydia.

jinosong

Jan 22, 2011
Seoul
I feel the same way too. Unfortunately, the phone really was well made and Android has come a long way. There aren't many things to really mod.

Even the kernels aren't important as much because the battery life is far superior to previous Samsung phones.

The only reason I use a custom kernel is for the fast charge.

wajiman

Jan 21, 2011
A potential bug for installing xposed is S Health not working(can work through build prop edit ) and air gestures not working at all.

main43

Aug 21, 2014
Air gestures work well with mine, i thought something should be worked out with the basic framework, like they did with the volume panel when you increase or decrease the volume, it moves smoothly now, not in small cut steps like on previous firmwares. Small bits like that add to the experience and when they are composed good, it can turn out very well. Aah if i could work in some UI development..

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I love that you came up with this thread! I have been feeling the same way. Got everything pretty close to how I like it between rooting and many xposed mods. Don't really want to accept that maybe I don't need to constantly be on XDA finding new tweaks to try. I guess with my previous S3 I got so used to all the custom roms I could play with that would each feel a little different. I think a big problem with the xposed mods is that once you have found and used them they are pretty much always available whatever ROM you use as long as you have root. Once you have found that particular module and enjoyed its unique abilities it becomes an expected part of your experience from then on. And now most of them can do almost all the same things as the most feature rich custom Roms. Thankfully it looks like CM is finally starting to roll out for the S5 and hopefully the usual suspects and some surprise Roms will pop up. Unfortunately I've already played with almost all of the CM11 based ones on my S3 already so I think there will not be a whole lot of freshness there. Oh poor me! Bring on Android L!

Tapped It!

main43

Aug 21, 2014
I hope something will be done with system physics and touch picking behaviour, i love Android and would love it to have the same feel like iPhone when scrolling etc. Try it and you will know what i mean. And i know it is very possible even with an open OS like Android so shut up and develop the fresh out of it. :)