Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 40,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] root/custom rom any issues ?

Tip us?

terrorblade23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default [Q] root/custom rom any issues ?

Hello xda ...i have got my s5 for about 3 weeks and i was afraid of rooting it (i had htc one x and s3 root before ) but for this one i want to know what are the pros and cons of rooting and flash a custom room
I m losing something like knox secure (i don't know what is that )) ) or some other privileges ?
Will affect my phone somehow ?
I would like to do that just to get rid of these ****ed up apps from stock rom
Also I got only 5 h screen time on and I think it s pretty sucks. .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH GUYS !!!!

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Sure, root will let you do a lot of things that you cannot do without root. Downside? Well it's a lot easier to mess your system up if you recklessly muck around as a privileged user. And some root methods may increment the Knox flag which may affect your ability to make a warranty claim in some countries.

And 5 hours of screen time is a vague, almost without meaning datum. One needs a context such as your overall run time and usage in addition to screen time to know if your configuration is power efficient or not. 5 hours of screen time might be spectacularly good in some contexts. We don't know because you neglected to give us any details whatsoever about your usage.

In any case, you'd learn a lot more and have more in depth answers to your questions if tried a search before posting. These questions have been asked and answered innumerable times, so there is a wealth of information in existing threads.

terrorblade23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
Sure, root will let you do a lot of things that you cannot do without root. Downside? Well it's a lot easier to mess your system up if you recklessly muck around as a privileged user. And some root methods may increment the Knox flag which may affect your ability to make a warranty claim in some countries.

And 5 hours of screen time is a vague, almost without meaning datum. One needs a context such as your overall run time and usage in addition to screen time to know if your configuration is power efficient or not. 5 hours of screen time might be spectacularly good in some contexts. We don't know because you neglected to give us any details whatsoever about your usage.

In any case, you'd learn a lot more and have more in depth answers to your questions if tried a search before posting. These questions have been asked and answered innumerable times, so there is a wealth of information in existing threads.

Actually I don't have any warranty for my phone I bought it from someone at a lower price ...so if I root it should not affect me with something
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH GUYS !!!!