6th August 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hidden Leaf village
Thanks Meter: 618

2,130 posts
Donate to Me
More
hello friends

can some one tell me how can i root s 5 sm g900h variant with latest stock frimware {XXU1ANG3}
cos i was not able to root it with cf auto root file that i used earlier
it stoped on cache in odin and i have to reflash frimware again to make my phone alright again

also what will happen if i check re partition in odin before flashing stock rom
i mean will it completely reset phone cos after failed root when i reflashed latest frimware i got frimware flashed but i had all same settings and even wallpaper from before { i did not have to set up my phone again like entering email and clicking yes

thanks in advance
6th August 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 621

1,978 posts

Still not searching before posting, my friend?

Back up your phone. Then revert to an earlier stock build of 4.4.2 for your 900H that is still amenable to the CF auto root exploit.

You should know by now that there are no assurances of retaining root when upgrading. Since you seem set on upgrading, buy Mobile Odin Pro or Super Su Pro and use their features to (usually) retain root after an upgrade. For best results you should be doing the upgrade manually, not OTA.

Good luck.

Last edited by fffft; 6th August 2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hidden Leaf village

2,130 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Still not searching before posting, my friend?

Back up your phone. Then Install a pre-June 3rd build of 4.4.2 100% stock firmware for your 900H. Root using Towel root.

You should know by now that there are no assurances of retaining root when upgrading. Since you seem set on upgrading, buy Mobile Odin Pro or Super Su Pro and use their features to (usually) retain root after an upgrade. For best results you should be doing the upgrade manually, not OTA.

Good luck.

bro thanks for replying but as much i remember towel root does not work on h variant as i tried last time

and what will repartitioning do ??
6th August 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 621

1,978 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan

as much i remember towel root does not work on h variant as i tried last time

and what will repartitioning do ??

Apologies for the typo on my part. Disregard the Towel root /pre-June 3rd part. I meant to say revert to an earlier build of 4.4.2 firmware that CF auto root will still work on since you have a 900H.

I'm not sure what you mean by repartitioning though. Who suggested repartitioning?
The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hidden Leaf village

2,130 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Apologies for the typo on my part. Disregard the Towel root /pre-June 3rd part. I meant to say revert to an earlier build of 4.4.2 firmware that CF auto root will still work on since you have a 900H.

I'm not sure what you mean by repartitioning though. Who suggested repartitioning?

nobody suggested repartitioning but when i reflashed rm from odin it had same screen and apps installed
i mean it was not ike next next and yes which we have to do when we got our phone new
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread