Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Un-Root S5 GM-900F with Odin

OP MaxiBizzle

1st September 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
London
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

What what software did you root with Odin? If you used CF Root your flag is 0x1.

Hi,
Oh right i see what you mean now, sorry for the delay. It was CF-Root
1st September 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,275

8,881 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiBizzle

Hi,
Oh right i see what you mean now, sorry for the delay. It was CF-Root

As you live in the EU warranty for the device is still valid when rooted/tripped KNOX unless the manufacturer can prove the issue is caused by rooting.
1st September 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
London

9 posts
Quote:

As you live in the EU warranty for the device is still valid when rooted/tripped KNOX unless the manufacturer can prove the issue is caused by rooting.

Hi,
Oh right i didnt know that. Is it just within the EU that the warranty is still valid? Are their any other countries that are the same?
Just a general question then, with regarding the voidance of KNOX or anything, would that only effect me if i wanted to send the phone back for whatever reason? The counters for example wouldnt made a difference for my phone and daily useage anyway so if i just keep the phone and continue to not having any problems i could have as many counters on it as possible?
Just getting my head around the whole void/counters thing.
1st September 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,275

8,881 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiBizzle

Hi,
Oh right i didnt know that. Is it just within the EU that the warranty is still valid? Are their any other countries that are the same?
Just a general question then, with regarding the voidance of KNOX or anything, would that only effect me if i wanted to send the phone back for whatever reason? The counters for example wouldnt made a difference for my phone and daily useage anyway so if i just keep the phone and continue to not having any problems i could have as many counters on it as possible?
Just getting my head around the whole void/counters thing.

Afaik only in the EU by EU law wich superceeds OEM terms/conditions.
2nd September 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #15  

10 posts
More
Quote:

KNOX, Private Mode and off course warranty are affected when the KNOX void flag says 0x1 and you are rooted. If you unrooted correctly as discribed by the OP Knox and Private Mode should work again after you flashed a stock rom.

I have currently official status but Knox 0x1.
The one & only thing concerned then is warranty. Knox based apps and all others should work as before Knox 0x1.

Hawke84 said: "If the Knox warranty void line says 0x1 then you cannot use knox softwareas your device has been flagged as insecure. By this i mean that if your workplace / company supports bring your own device to work for corporate emails etc and they use knox to keep security your device will not allow this. You are still able to use future samsung firmware releases with the knox flag 0x1. hope this makes sense. sorry for any confusion this has caused!"
Last edited by castillofr; 2nd September 2014 at 12:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to castillofr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread