Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 52,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting?

Tip us?

kushpvo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Rooting?

I recently purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S5 from India. I would like to know if I can root it, if yes, how? And what are the risks of rooting it? And what to do after rooting!

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nokia 2626 > {dont remember the others! Nokia, samsung, spice! :P } > nokia 5233 > iphone 3gs > Blackberry curver 9300 > Nokia c3-05 > Blackberry Curve > Sony Xperia S!!!!! Rooted and running DooMKernel!

Yezz007
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Of course you can root it.
The risk is loosing your warranty, which is unavoidable. If you can't live without warranty, then don't.

There is alot of things you can do with root.

I personally think it's a bad idea too root SM-G900H, since the other version can be rooted without loosing warranty.

Sent from my SM-G900H
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yezz007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chaitanyapatel8880
Old
Thanks Meter 292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushpvo View Post
I recently purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S5 from India. I would like to know if I can root it, if yes, how? And what are the risks of rooting it? And what to do after rooting!

Thanks in advance.

Check what is the model no. and use towelroot to root your s5 without tripping KNOX... Safest method...
Capt. Chaitanya Patel

If my post helped you than please click on THANKS button, it might be a little for you but VERY BIG for me...

My Contribution to XDA:

[GUIDE] [MAJOR UPDATE:9-JUL-14] Extreme Batterylife thread ADVANCE SETUP GUIDE

Widgets Illusion Theme
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaitanyapatel8880 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

verny94
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushpvo View Post
Thanks in advance.
If you use towelroot you cannot flash recovery, cusotm ROM kernels etc.

Also Knox 0x1 loose waranty only on motherboard
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Omega ROM (4.3) v58; Boeffla kernel 5.2; TWRP recovery; Nova launcher Prime; S5 theme; Xposed
Hit a thanks button, when I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to verny94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kushpvo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yezz007 View Post
Of course you can root it.
The risk is loosing your warranty, which is unavoidable. If you can't live without warranty, then don't.

There is alot of things you can do with root.

I personally think it's a bad idea too root SM-G900H, since the other version can be rooted without loosing warranty.

Sent from my SM-G900H
Thank you so much for the kind suggestion! Skipped the plan of rooting.. infact postponed it

Nokia 2626 > {dont remember the others! Nokia, samsung, spice! :P } > nokia 5233 > iphone 3gs > Blackberry curver 9300 > Nokia c3-05 > Blackberry Curve > Sony Xperia S!!!!! Rooted and running DooMKernel!