The rSAP Bluetooth Profile on the Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD

Search This thread

drdcc

Apr 3, 2012
SIM Access Profile (SAP, SIM, rSAP)

This profile allows devices such as car phones with built-in GSM transceivers to connect to a SIM card in a Bluetooth enabled phone, thus the car phone itself doesn't require a separate SIM card. This profile is sometimes referred to as rSAP (remote-SIM-Access-Profile), though that name does not appear in the profile specification published by the Bluetooth SIG.

There is any way to check if the Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos G900FD has this Bluetooth profile bulit-in ? It's very important because without this profile I get only minimal functionality on the VW Bluetooth module.

I am asking because I cannot connect properly the phone to my VW bluetooth module (I got only basic functionality, no WiFi support on the latest 3C8035730D VW Bluetooth Module)
When testing with a LG L70, the connection is ok, with rSAP (remote SIM Access profile active) and I get all the functionality of the VW module.

If the phone supports rSAP, how could be enabled ?
Thank you.

drdcc

Apr 3, 2012
Problem solved.

I managed to activate the rSAP Bluetooth profile on the Galaxy S5 G900FD.

Many thanks.;)

drdcc

Apr 3, 2012
How did you achieve this?

The Samsung Galaxy S5 has this bluetooth profile embeeded but it had to be activated by rooting the phone and using the Android rSAP app.
Too much trouble for such an essential feature for those who want to use their smartphones while driving.
Android should enable this Bluetooth profile in Android Lollipop for the Galaxy S5.