Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 43,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

s5 not working after cahnging to art

Tip us?

liavo555
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default s5 not working after cahnging to art

hi
ive changed my phone in developers options from delvik to ART and now if I turn it on it sats"upgrading android" does "optimization for few min and then touchwiz crashes and the whole UI dosent go on...therefor I cant reach the menu to undo the change...safe mode dosent come up niether...I have no idea whats wrong,,,
the device is unrooted with everything fresh new and no 3rd party apps(only from the playstore)...
help!!!!

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 11th July 2014 at 12:03 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by liavo555 View Post
hi
ive changed my phone in developers options from delvik to ART and now if I turn it on it sats"upgrading android" does "optimization for few min and then touchwiz crashes and the whole UI dosent go on...therefor I cant reach the menu to undo the change...safe mode dosent come up niether...I have no idea whats wrong,,,
the device is unrooted with everything fresh new and no 3rd party apps(only from the playstore)...
help!!!!
Have you tried rebooting the phone? Or wiped cache in recovery. Dalvik is imo still more stable and faster then ART atm.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

liavo555
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Have you tried rebooting the phone? Or wiped cache in recovery. Dalvik is imo still more stable and faster then ART atm.
I have tried rebooting and safe mode...

then I wanted to try factory reset but excidently got into download mod insted...I tool the chance of a brick and took the battery out while in download mode(since I didnt have files to burn via odin) and the phone just turned on using delvik and didnt show any problem...so the issue is solved,,,I have no idea how and why but it is...

anderd
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by liavo555 View Post
I have tried rebooting and safe mode...

then I wanted to try factory reset but excidently got into download mod insted...I tool the chance of a brick and took the battery out while in download mode(since I didnt have files to burn via odin) and the phone just turned on using delvik and didnt show any problem...so the issue is solved,,,I have no idea how and why but it is...
I had ill effects when switching myself, found that best way to test it was to switch it to ART right after a hard reset or flashing stock via odin. Im sure just wiping cache and dalvik would have fixed it, but i was returning the phone for USB port issues anyhow so i flashed back to stock. not sure if clearing the android files on the internal storage or the cache/dalvik being wiped fixed it, but it ran find after that with no FC's etc. As stated though, i havent really noticed much if any improvement. Still too soon in its infancy to probably see much from it yet lol.

Good luck!