S5 Duos low mic

OP dusk1911

17th August 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 31

215 posts
More
Hey guys just got my S5 and I am told that the mic volume is quote low by people I speak to. Is this normal or I have a faulty device on my hands
18th August 2014, 10:38 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 621

1,978 posts
Very unlikely to be a hardware problem. Usually it's a user error e.g. not holding the phone close enough to your mouth or using the phone in very loud environments.

Try using the phone normally i.e. not in speaker phone mode where performance is worse and you annoy everyone within earshot. You can also try disabling noise reduction in the settings menu. Infrequently you may have water, dirt or your finger (when you hold the phone) obscuring the microphone hole on the bottom of the phone.

It's also possible to tweak the mic volume in the service menu /audio submenu. A forum search will explain the details if you wish to try that.

18th August 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 31

215 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Very unlikely to be a hardware problem. Usually it's a user error e.g. not holding the phone close enough to your mouth or using the phone in very loud environments.

Try using the phone normally i.e. not in speaker phone mode where performance is worse and you annoy everyone within earshot. You can also try disabling noise reduction in the settings menu. Infrequently you may have water, dirt or your finger (when you hold the phone) obscuring the microphone hole on the bottom of the phone.

It's also possible to tweak the mic volume in the service menu /audio submenu. A forum search will explain the details if you wish to try that.

HI, thanks for the info.. i have seen almost the same in the forum and outside like here http://droidtricks.blogspot.ae/2011/...icrophone.html

Is this still valid ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread