No registration required

[Q] Switch between stock rom

OP Loperaco

4th September 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hi.

My problem is this, I have a G900F and I want to change to a stock rom G900M, for the model that I have does not have the band 4 and the firmware of another if, try switching using Odin, but it generates an error, how can I do this ?

Thanks for your help.
4th September 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 622

1,978 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loperaco

I have a G900F and I want to change to a stock rom G900M, for the model that I have does not have the band 4 and the firmware of another if, try switching using Odin, but it generates an error, how can I do this ?.

If only it was that easy. No, you can't do that. At least not that way.

The primary reason that Samsung has a dozen and a half variant models is to deter grey market sales and block exactly what you wish to do. To do this you need to rewrite some non-volatile registers. LTE band 4 is more commonly known an AWS and it is the only band to be successfully added, AFAIK. At least to the S3, S4, N3, et al. I'm not sure if anyone has confirmed it on the S5 to date or not.

A proper search will confirm that for you. The change is made with the QPST program and written to NV, usually through a .qcn write or NV edit upon boot. You have lots of keywords to search on, so do a search and you'll find all of the details.

The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Hi fffft.

OK, I've read what you've written me a couple of times, however I can not understand you very well, since this is my first Android, you mind if I ask you a step by step explanation?

Thank you.
4th September 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loperaco

Hi fffft.

OK, I've read what you've written me a couple of times, however I can not understand you very well, since this is my first Android, you mind if I ask you a step by step explanation?

Thank you.

I was researching as you suggested and found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2291589 , however .qcn the file does not match my model, I tried to look on the web and can not find it, any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread