S5 No Sound

OP orbit3r

22nd August 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
i wanted to revert the volume back to normal after using the volume boost mod and i replaced the mixer_paths.xml file back to the original one i backed up and i have no sound at all and my phone is freezing non stop
please help me
22nd August 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 554

1,893 posts
I don't know why you wouldn't describe, step by step what you did to install the volume mod? Or at least tell us which specific mod it was? Without those crucial details it's impossible to know what was changed or if you have fully reverted the changes or not.

Lacking key information all I can suggest is that you try clearing the cache from recovery mode (pull battery, replace, then press and hold in order volume up, home, power buttons). If the problem persists then try installing the full, stock firmware with Odin, followed by a factory data reset. That should resolve all issues. Then you can restore your backup. If you don't have a backup, that is a bad habit and in that case you'd have to reinstall your apps again. But at least your system would be stable again.

22nd August 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

I don't know why you wouldn't describe, step by step what you did to install the volume mod? Or at least tell us which specific mod it was? Without those crucial details it's impossible to know what was changed or if you have fully reverted the changes or not.

Lacking key information all I can suggest is that you try clearing the cache from recovery mode (pull battery, replace, then press and hold in order volume up, home, power buttons). If the problem persists then try installing the full, stock firmware with Odin, followed by a factory data reset. That should resolve all issues. Then you can restore your backup. If you don't have a backup, that is a bad habit and in that case you'd have to reinstall your apps again. But at least your system would be stable again.

this mod : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729652
all i did to install it was replace mixer_paths.xml in / system etc and to revert it back i put the original file instead and rebooted.
its the manual way others flash it but i didnt want to trigger the knox counter so i did manually
22nd August 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
More
can i remove root and update to latest firmware through kies?
22nd August 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 66

394 posts
More
Did you set permissions to rw, r, r, root ownership?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread