LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Odin3 v3.09 UNROOT Fail! (Auth)

OP kevinwb

15th July 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hey guys. I got my S5 less than a month ago and promptly rooted it. Today I've been having issues with the phone. It starts up but the screen doesn't turn on. I have to take out the battery and restart many times before it works and then any pressure put on the phone causes it to shut off. It hasn't been damaged physically in any way but I have to take it back to the store, so I believe I need to unroot to keep my warranty intact.

I've been using a S5 firmware I found on this forum and trying to unroot the phone, but I get this string of errors. What can I do? I'm really in over my head here. Any suggestions are welcome.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G900AUCU1ANCE_G900AATT1ANCE_G900AUCU1ANCE_HOME.tar .md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
15th July 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 550

1,885 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwb

Hey guys. I got my S5 less than a month ago and promptly rooted it. Today I've been having issues with the phone. It starts up but the screen doesn't turn on. I have to take out the battery and restart many times before it works and then any pressure put on the phone causes it to shut off. It hasn't been damaged physically in any way but I have to take it back to the store, so I believe I need to unroot to keep my warranty intact.

I've been using a S5 firmware I found on this forum and trying to unroot the phone, but I get this string of errors. What can I do? I'm really in over my head here. Any suggestions are welcome.

You are getting an authorization failure. That could be caused by several things.. flashing an earlier firmware version or borderline USB cables. Or a timeout from a busy PC perhaps.

Try this: Backup your phone if there are any user files that you don't want to loose.
Do a factory reset from the settings menu (this will erase user files!).
Wipe your cache from recovery mode (phone off, then volume up + home + power).
Then use Odin to flash a full stock firmware that is the same build as you currently have on the phone.

Odin is picky about cables. If you have ongoing issues, try a different cable + USB port
There are alternate flash settings as a last resort. But if have dificulty, it's likely a cable issue.

(more info in a similar thread)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread