SlimRoms: Updates on the Horizon

SlimRoms’ website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but … more

Your Favorite Wireless Charger?

Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature … more

ASUS US Invites Developers at XDA to Special Event

ASUS has built a solid name over the years for their computer components, but in the … more

Fix Memory Leak in Lollipop With This Xposed Module

If you have to deal with the rather infamous memory leaks on Android 5.0.x, XDA … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Double click for camera?

1st March 2015, 10:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kent, uk
Thanks Meter: 158

1,056 posts
More
Is there any way to activate the camera by double clicking the home button? This is one of the new features on the s6 and I quite like the idea of it.

Thanks.
2nd March 2015, 12:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,265

2,210 posts
More
Not as far as I've seen.....but I *can* activate it by single clicking on the vol+ or vol- keys........

Sent from my rooted kn0x0 stocKK SM-G900F S5
2nd March 2015, 09:11 AM   |  #3  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 298

1,820 posts
More
yes it's very easy, with Apex Launcher I have assigned the home button to the camera, so when I'm in the home screen I just press once on the home button to start the camera, when I'm in another app or something I just double click to launch it. no wow feature to be honest, though it does not work when phone is locked with security lock, but I guess it will be possible to port it the S5 later.
2nd March 2015, 09:28 AM   |  #4  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,265

2,210 posts
More
Ah.....My bad.....that's what comes of scanning the forum when I should be asleep.....lol......
I read the OP as 'how can I take the picture'......not how can I START the camera app........
I can do this in NOVA too......
......need more sleep lol........

Sent from my rooted kn0x0 stocKK SM-G900F S5
2nd March 2015, 02:52 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kent, uk
Thanks Meter: 158

1,056 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilg@mesh

yes it's very easy, with Apex Launcher I have assigned the home button to the camera, so when I'm in the home screen I just press once on the home button to start the camera, when I'm in another app or something I just double click to launch it. no wow feature to be honest, though it does not work when phone is locked with security lock, but I guess it will be possible to port it the S5 later.

I use nova. Will look on there.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread