Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,758 Members 46,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 Worst battery ever

Tip us?
 
sofia-captivate
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 1,070
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Default S5 Worst battery ever

Got this phone about 10 days ago and my battery is terrible since day 1, someone suggested to root my phone and get the BBS app and dump a file i did that and installed a system tuner to disable google CHECKIN OR GCM and unchecked them. apps i got installed to help with battery battery doctor, wakelock detector, os monitor, system tuner, gsam battery, betterbatterystats.

Apps i disabled are:
Ant radio service
Ant+ plugins
App zone
Blurbcheckout
chaton
chrome
flipboard
google play book, games, movies, music, newstand , google search, google+ , hangouts
hp print service plugin
my magazine
s health , svoice , samsung account , samsung apps , samsung galaxy apps widget, samsung push service, smart remote , Top Hd Games

got a plain black wallpaper, even after all this i cant get more than 2h30m screentime and everyone is getting 5h+ do i have a defective unit? what are my options right now? cause basically i removed everything the phone has lol. i talk to my workplace and they can send the phone for repair but i want to see if someone can help me before i do that. i have to unroot the phone if i have to send it for repair even though my phone is 0x1 on knox cause i was stupid to root with cf-root and didnt check other methods.
 
drakester09
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 871
Posts: 1,280
Join Date: Jan 2012
After all that you did, then it sounds like a faulty battery or device.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Devices: Nexus 5 - Nexus 7 (2013) - OnePlus One
 
darkfangex5
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 157
Join Date: Aug 2010
How's your signal at work? I'm on 3g at half signal maybe? I get about 3:30 and standby. But when I'm at home WIFI only I get about 4-4:30 it all depends too on how bright your screen is.
 
sofia-captivate
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 1,070
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfangex5 View Post
How's your signal at work? I'm on 3g at half signal maybe? I get about 3:30 and standby. But when I'm at home WIFI only I get about 4-4:30 it all depends too on how bright your screen is.
How do I check if I have a good signal at work? Through an app or through a battery status.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Free mobile app
 
kgyirhj
Old
(Last edited by kgyirhj; 1st July 2014 at 04:38 AM.)
#5  
kgyirhj's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 93
Join Date: Jun 2014
This system tuner app you used it not any overclocking or something that might drain you battery?
What screen brightness do you use most of the time?

Can you see what use most of your battery? There is charts you can access in settings -> battery

I run with BLAZE kernel and Alliance ROM. (install without any samsung or google bloat if you can)
And I have been using my phone constantly, playing streemed music, installing apps, downloading from internet, browsing internet, having screen active a lot...
And Now I'm at 87% and have been running 1 hour and 38 minutes on battery. (Was at about 100% battery before)
I run +5 screen brightness and don't have any special powersaving features running that limit my experience with the phone.
You could try that kernel and ROM too, I feel they improved my battery time a lot.
I also shut down some samsung and google bloat stuff like air browse, s voice and such crap, saving a little little battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to kgyirhj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sofia-captivate
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 1,070
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Here is my battery info and my brightness level. I have Canadian g900w from Rogers so I am not sure what roms or kernels you can use ?
Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404186253807.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	2826481   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404186263437.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	2826482   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404186270447.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	2826483   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404186278237.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	2826484   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404186286077.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	2826485  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1404186292609.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	2826486  
 
sofia-captivate
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 1,070
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgyirhj View Post
This system tuner app you used it not any overclocking or something that might drain you battery?
What screen brightness do you use most of the time?

Can you see what use most of your battery? There is charts you can access in settings -> battery

I run with BLAZE kernel and Alliance ROM. (install without any samsung or google bloat if you can)
And I have been using my phone constantly, playing streemed music, installing apps, downloading from internet, browsing internet, having screen active a lot...
And Now I'm at 87% and have been running 1 hour and 38 minutes on battery. (Was at about 100% battery before)
I run +5 screen brightness and don't have any special powersaving features running that limit my experience with the phone.
You could try that kernel and ROM too, I feel they improved my battery time a lot.
I also shut down some samsung and google bloat stuff like air browse, s voice and such crap, saving a little little battery.
I posted my info with photos ^ thanks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Free mobile app
 
dandroid13
Old
#8  
dandroid13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1704
Posts: 3,145
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Porto Alegre
Hey, here I have everything turned on and I never followed these stupid extreme battery guides and I easily get over 4 hours of screen time and one day away from the charger. I only use auto brightness, Greenify and KT Kernel.
It's a smartphone, if you're supposed to turn all the features off then you should have bought a dumb feature phone.
Help me with my Dropbox referrals! --> Click here <--




Ubuntu - "humanidade com os outros" ou "sou o que sou pelo que nůs somos"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dandroid13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cbomb101
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 173
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: melbourne
Looks like ur using max brightness? Nearly 2 hours screen on time for 44% isnt the best but isnt terrible. I get around 5 to 6 hours using low brightness 3g/4g on besides when screen on. Using android tuner and greenify for tuneing. Screen uses a lot of battery to. Im using. Ktoons kernal now with oc and the batterys probably the same to to me. No beter or worse but. Im running higher clock.

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

I also use normal power save eith the greyscale option selected and I have the cpu limited disabled.because ktoons app limits it for me.

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
S5 running xtrestolite and ktoons kernal + luigis profile.
 
Dan1909
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 199
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofia-captivate View Post
Here is my battery info and my brightness level. I have Canadian g900w from Rogers so I am not sure what roms or kernels you can use ?
Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Free mobile app
You're set for almost four hours of screen on time there, on what seems to be very poor mobile signal. Doesn't sound that unrealistic to me to be honest.

Poor mobile signal absolutely kills battery life, as your phone spends the entire time searching and trying to get a better signal.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes