Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,533 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I need some help

Tip us?

VarkTheShark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I need some help

I rooted my GS5 recently and nothing went wrong but when I uninstalled a root app the short-cuts on my keyboard disappeared. By that I mean that my keys on my keyboard normally had short-cuts on them that could be activated by holding the key for 1 second but ever since I uninstalled the root app they disappeared and now I have to go to the other tab on the keyboard to use my short-cuts. Its not a huge deal but its something I got used to and now that its gone it feels weird not having the option. Btw the app I deleted was the one I had to install to get Xblast Tools and Wanam but I cant remember the name of the app. Any help would be appreciated

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Restore your backup to fix everything with two or three clicks.

If you aren't making backups, now you know why you should start doing so. Root is very useful but also gives you the power to cause greater damage. You should for instance never delete an app, just rename it so that you can revert changes if you need to.

I have no idea what app you are alluding to. Perhaps someone else will recognize it. Or you could break down and do a search. No doubt if you try a handful of different keywords you would quickly identify the app that you want. It's a good habit to always search before posting a question anyway. Often it gives you an immediate answer. And at the least enables you to pose better informed questions.

HTH