No registration required
Thread Closed

Samsung galaxy S5 IMEI repair

OP ishtiak90

1st September 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I bought a brand new Samsung galaxy S5 from a guy that comes with the receipt. Everything seemed legit, but when I got home I figured out the phone is actually blacklisted. So I contacted VIRGIN MOBILE , they said they cannot help me even if I have the receipt because the guy probably didn't pay his bills or took the phone using someone else's identification. They told me the only way I can fix this issue is by hacking the phone. That's why I am here, I need your help to repair my IMEI number or at least suggest me what should I do.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5
Model: SM-G900W8
Android:4.4.2

Thank you!
1st September 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,304

8,969 posts
More
I cannot believe a telecom provider recommended you to hack a phone, which is illegal and criminal btw.
No one will help you with your problem as these kind of discussions are forbidden on XDA.
I`am sorry you got scammed, file a police report against the guy that sold you the phone.
Its better that you remove this thread before one of the mods closes it.
Last edited by gee2012; 1st September 2014 at 08:15 PM.
1st September 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 622

1,978 posts
Your recourse is against the seller who apparently defrauded you. As the poster above noted, this forum doesn't condone threads talking about manipulating IMEI numbers and if a moderator sees your post, no doubt the thread will be closed, etc, etc.

This is the wrong forum to talk about IMEI changes. As you've been a member since 2011 you should know that. Or would if you read even a handful of forum threads. Try to recover from the seller e.g. make a credit card dispute, Paypal claim, stop payment on your cheque, police report, etc as appropriate. If you are unable to recover from the seller, you may end up selling the phone for parts on Ebay or something.

1st September 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,304

8,969 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Your recourse is against the seller who apparently defrauded you. As the poster above noted, this forum doesn't condone threads talking about manipulating IMEI numbers and if a moderator sees your post, no doubt the thread will be closed, etc, etc.

This is the wrong forum to talk about IMEI changes. As you've been a member since 2011 you should know that. Or would if you read even a handful of forum threads. Try to recover from the seller e.g. make a credit card dispute, Paypal claim, stop payment on your cheque, police report, etc as appropriate. If you are unable to recover from the seller, you may end up selling the phone for parts on Ebay or something.

Sellers of this kind only want cash mate, no receipts or official payments that reveils their identity.
1st September 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #5  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Mega-City One
Thanks Meter: 27,511

15,971 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishtiak90

I bought a brand new Samsung galaxy S5 from a guy that comes with the receipt. Everything seemed legit, but when I got home I figured out the phone is actually blacklisted. So I contacted VIRGIN MOBILE , they said they cannot help me even if I have the receipt because the guy probably didn't pay his bills or took the phone using someone else's identification. They told me the only way I can fix this issue is by hacking the phone. That's why I am here, I need your help to repair my IMEI number or at least suggest me what should I do.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5
Model: SM-G900W8
Android:4.4.2

Thank you!

Well Sir, two parts here....
1) I find it hard to believe a carrier would pass this type of information along, not saying they did not say this, but this is something not normal.
2) Additionally this is illegal, as in this is fraud. And if it was me I would take the device and receipt to the Carrier and explain to them your issue. If they want your business they will work with you, if what you say is true, on how you came about this device.

And with those two parts, this type of question/discussions of fraud are not allowed on XDA. Thread Closed and Thanks.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread