[Q] Samsung Galaxy S5 Issues

OP Laban18

17th August 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
hi guys, I've heard about this forum from various youtube channels that deal with Android and it's a very cool website full of guys who know what they are doing! keep up the good work. I recently got a samsung galaxy s5 and i've been enjoying it except for the fact that I'm facing a just a few challenges that I hope you can help me overcome.
1. I read that ART was faster than Dalvik, and I always want better performance, so I changed my runtime to ART. After a day on ART, I really didn't see any improvements at all, so I went back to Dalvik. When I checked my available storage after switchback, I noticed that I was missing about 500mb of my storage. Yesterday I was looking through screenshots of the Titanium backup app and noticed that you could clear the ART/Dalvik cache. Do you think that missing memory unaccounted for is ART cache? If so, please tell me how to clear it up. Possibly without rooting my device.
2. My battery life. I have the battery doctor app installed and whenever I "tap to save battery", there are always some apps that it says are open, like s note, bbm, vine, playstore,google newstand, etc. even when I dont open these apps. I guess they're running in the background. Could this be a cause of battery drainage? If so, please tell me how to fix it. And do battery saving apps actually help?
3. Is it normal to get about 4 hours and a couple of mins of screen on time with a fully charged battery? Cause I think I should get more. I know that the screen uses up the most power and I try to keep it on the lowest possible brightness when I use whatsapp, tweet and scroll through my gallery which I do a lot during the course of a day.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread