TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Screen Mirroring does not work with Custom Status (ROOT_Status) Need official status

OP btemtd

31st August 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,000

2,051 posts
Donate to Me
Hi Guys,

I have just realised something, this is nothing to do with KNOX, it is only the official status thing that changes when you have a custom Kernel or Custom rom.

Screen Mirroring does NOT work when you are in Custom Status, this happened to be the same when I googled and found S4 was the same post after post after post of people stating the same thing (I get an error or hardware device error when screen mirror starts or it will start for 4 seconds then stop.

For people wanting to see their status -
You can see this in Download Mode or You can see this in ABOUT DEVICE > STATUS> Scroll all the way down to bottom.

There is a solution which worked on the S4, where you were able to change status from custom back to Official, Yes KNOX is still tripped if you have tripped it but the status is able to be changed back to official

Can someone please direct me to a way we can get official status back on the S5, I love my kernel and my tweaks, and I love my latest firmware I dont care about Knox. For the people who are scared about Knox, I was able to change my phone for a new phone because of a defect and this is after I triggered knox, I was sent a new phone and I placed the old phone in the bag and sent it back, guess what ? I tripped knox again lol (who cares) most of the time when you go to swap your phone they don't check.

All I want is the official status back so I can get my screen mirroring working, this is an awesome feature
The Following User Says Thank You to btemtd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,000

2,051 posts
Donate to Me
Anyone?

Am I the only person with a rooted Knox-tripped S5 with custom , Recovery,Kernel & want to use screen mirroring?

S5 Development is no where near the type of dev we had when the S3 came out, pretty sad.

I think now that the HTC + LG are up in terms of hardware many people left the samsung scene leaving less devs in the area.
9th October 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #3  
Flag İZMİR
Thanks Meter: 8

65 posts
More
Hi,
I have same promlem here. when I open screen mirroring tv and phone connects and suddenly disconnect and shows a error ''screen mirroring cant start caused by a hardware problem''.
I have sm g900h stock kernel+xtrestolit rom+cwm recowery
The Following User Says Thank You to hiyachi-32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th October 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 82

673 posts
More
works fine for me
9th October 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 35

157 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btemtd

Am I the only person with a rooted Knox-tripped S5 with custom , Recovery,Kernel & want to use screen mirroring?

No, you aren't. For me with Knox tripped and custom recovery, kernel and NeatROM2.3 it works fine and I am in custom status.
10th October 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Using Xposed app "Wanam Xposed", you can set your status to Official under the "security Hacks" section of the app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread