Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem

Tip us?

breni
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Have you tried if CWM/ Philz Touch recovery works? Just an idea
The strange thing is that I'm able to access the ext SD Card on TWRP Recovery, as you can see on the image attached... I even copied a file (backup.txt) into it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408556297167.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (29.4 KB, 27 views)

dladz
Old
(Last edited by dladz; 21st August 2014 at 04:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 754

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by breni View Post
The strange thing is that I'm able to access the ext SD Card on TWRP Recovery, as you can see on the image attached... I even copied a file (backup.txt) into it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
Have you tried another SD card in your phone? EDIT: Nevermind this bit

When you plug the SD card into your handset (do it while it's off) Does the SD Storage show anything?

You could try formatting it in another handset if you have the chance then try plugging it in.

Are you using stock Sammy firmware? Or have you installed a custom kernel? Could be one of those playing havoc with your device if so, back up and revert to stock if you can, retest the SD in there.

Test to see if you can retrieve data from the SD card, i've found that although SD cards show up in windows, when I attempt to copy data to the PC it fails, when I say fail I mean it stops progressing and doesn't copy, particular files appear corrupt.

You could also do a chkdsk /f /r via windows on the SD card, or even a general error check.

chances are one of these things will be the culprit, if none and it's still working in another phone and other cards are working in your device then i'm stumped.

Good luck
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1 - Galaxy S5
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

steve97ta
Old
Thanks Meter 938
I would try philz recovery, i had all kinds of problems with twrp on my note 3 and s5 until switching. Not knocking twrp this is just my experience
-Steve O

breni
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz View Post
Have you tried another SD card in your phone? EDIT: Nevermind this bit

When you plug the SD card into your handset (do it while it's off) Does the SD Storage show anything?

You could try formatting it in another handset if you have the chance then try plugging it in.

Are you using stock Sammy firmware? Or have you installed a custom kernel? Could be one of those playing havoc with your device if so, back up and revert to stock if you can, retest the SD in there.

Test to see if you can retrieve data from the SD card, i've found that although SD cards show up in windows, when I attempt to copy data to the PC it fails, when I say fail I mean it stops progressing and doesn't copy, particular files appear corrupt.

You could also do a chkdsk /f /r via windows on the SD card, or even a general error check.

chances are one of these things will be the culprit, if none and it's still working in another phone and other cards are working in your device then i'm stumped.

Good luck
Hello mate,

Thanks for answering

I get the same problem: SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem

You could try formatting it in another handset if you have the chance then try plugging it in
I tested the SD card on another device and it's working fine, also on my windows pc

I formatted my device right now and installed Samsung stock firmware with stock kernel. I also tried to get back to stock recovery, then installed CWM and TWRP, but the same problem

I'm starting to think this is a hardware problem, because I tried everything and nothing happened.

dladz
Old
(Last edited by dladz; 22nd August 2014 at 03:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 754

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by breni View Post
Hello mate,

Thanks for answering

I get the same problem: SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem

You could try formatting it in another handset if you have the chance then try plugging it in
I tested the SD card on another device and it's working fine, also on my windows pc

I formatted my device right now and installed Samsung stock firmware with stock kernel. I also tried to get back to stock recovery, then installed CWM and TWRP, but the same problem

I'm starting to think this is a hardware problem, because I tried everything and nothing happened.
Quite an odd one that, i'm a little stumped.

did you try error checking on windows? OR even a format in a different handset? OR a different card in your phone to see if to see if it reads?

On the other hand if the phone isn't that old, return it, 28 day swap should be good if you're in time, otherwise it's back to sammy.

sorry I can't be of more help m8.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1 - Galaxy S5
Tags
blank, filesystem, format, problem, sd card