Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

[Q] SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem

OP breni

20th August 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Have you tried if CWM/ Philz Touch recovery works? Just an idea

The strange thing is that I'm able to access the ext SD Card on TWRP Recovery, as you can see on the image attached... I even copied a file (backup.txt) into it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408556297167.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (29.4 KB, 41 views)
21st August 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #12  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 763

3,698 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breni

The strange thing is that I'm able to access the ext SD Card on TWRP Recovery, as you can see on the image attached... I even copied a file (backup.txt) into it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Have you tried another SD card in your phone? EDIT: Nevermind this bit

When you plug the SD card into your handset (do it while it's off) Does the SD Storage show anything?

You could try formatting it in another handset if you have the chance then try plugging it in.

Are you using stock Sammy firmware? Or have you installed a custom kernel? Could be one of those playing havoc with your device if so, back up and revert to stock if you can, retest the SD in there.

Test to see if you can retrieve data from the SD card, i've found that although SD cards show up in windows, when I attempt to copy data to the PC it fails, when I say fail I mean it stops progressing and doesn't copy, particular files appear corrupt.

You could also do a chkdsk /f /r via windows on the SD card, or even a general error check.

chances are one of these things will be the culprit, if none and it's still working in another phone and other cards are working in your device then i'm stumped.

Good luck
Last edited by dladz; 21st August 2014 at 04:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #13  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 943

2,985 posts
More
I would try philz recovery, i had all kinds of problems with twrp on my note 3 and s5 until switching. Not knocking twrp this is just my experience
21st August 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

Have you tried another SD card in your phone? EDIT: Nevermind this bit

When you plug the SD card into your handset (do it while it's off) Does the SD Storage show anything?

You could try formatting it in another handset if you have the chance then try plugging it in.

Are you using stock Sammy firmware? Or have you installed a custom kernel? Could be one of those playing havoc with your device if so, back up and revert to stock if you can, retest the SD in there.

Test to see if you can retrieve data from the SD card, i've found that although SD cards show up in windows, when I attempt to copy data to the PC it fails, when I say fail I mean it stops progressing and doesn't copy, particular files appear corrupt.

You could also do a chkdsk /f /r via windows on the SD card, or even a general error check.

chances are one of these things will be the culprit, if none and it's still working in another phone and other cards are working in your device then i'm stumped.

Good luck

Hello mate,

Thanks for answering

I get the same problem: SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem

You could try formatting it in another handset if you have the chance then try plugging it in
I tested the SD card on another device and it's working fine, also on my windows pc

I formatted my device right now and installed Samsung stock firmware with stock kernel. I also tried to get back to stock recovery, then installed CWM and TWRP, but the same problem

I'm starting to think this is a hardware problem, because I tried everything and nothing happened.
22nd August 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #15  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 763

3,698 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello mate,

Thanks for answering

I get the same problem: SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem

You could try formatting it in another handset if you have the chance then try plugging it in
I tested the SD card on another device and it's working fine, also on my windows pc

I formatted my device right now and installed Samsung stock firmware with stock kernel. I also tried to get back to stock recovery, then installed CWM and TWRP, but the same problem

I'm starting to think this is a hardware problem, because I tried everything and nothing happened.

Quite an odd one that, i'm a little stumped.

did you try error checking on windows? OR even a format in a different handset? OR a different card in your phone to see if to see if it reads?

On the other hand if the phone isn't that old, return it, 28 day swap should be good if you're in time, otherwise it's back to sammy.

sorry I can't be of more help m8.
Last edited by dladz; 22nd August 2014 at 03:00 AM.
6th October 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Unhappy Same problem with GalaxyS5 and 64 GB card
I am having the same issue with a 64GB memory card in the Galazy S5. Blank or unsupported file system.... doesn't format in phone. works great on PC and even on old Motorola Razr phone, format exFAT and FAT32 tried but the phone doesn't care.
please help, I first bought a sandisk card and returned it because i hoped the same brand SAMSUNG would work, nope nope...
HEEELLLPPPP
Thanks
David
6th October 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Unhappy Same problem with GalaxyS5 and 64 GB card
Have you found a solution to the OP?
I have an S5 too and it's doing exactly the same. I tried a 64GB Sandisk and Samsung cards, both work flawlessly in PC, MAC and even a different phone. WTH???? My 32GB Sandisk works well in the GAlaxy S5 too, I am about to see if it blends....

Quote:

Hello guys,

I have a Galaxy S5 G900T running the AllianceRom 3.1 made for G900F. I use an external SD Card SanDisk 16GB and since yesterday I never had a problem.

So, now I'm experiencing this error: "SD Card blank or has unsupported filesystem" on Notification Panel. When I click on it, android asks me if I want to format the card, I click OK, and at the end the same problem occurs.

Things I already tried to do:

1) I tested the SD Card into another Galaxy S5 and it's running OK without the problem;
2) I formatted the SD card (full format) on a windows computer. Windows recognizes it, and it's running OK;
3) I checked the file vold.fstab on /etc folder and it has the same content as another Galaxy S5 that is running OK the SD card;
4) I re-flashed the AllianceRom 3.1;

[EDIT 1]
5) Tried to wipe the SD Card using TWRP Recovery (as image 1 attached)
6) Tried to partitioning using TWRP Recovery (as image 2 attached)

[EDIT 2]
7) I bought another SD Card, a Samsung 64GB and when I insert it on device I don't get this error, but also not able to mount, it doesn't even recognizes the SD card.

p.s. I searched a lot on XDA, even on Google, and those was the possible solutions I've found, but didn't work for me.

Does someone experienced this problem and was able to fix?
Does anyone knows another alternative that could work?

Thanks in advance

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blank, filesystem, format, problem, sd card
Previous Thread Next Thread