SD CARD errors HELP!

Search This thread

mrallen81

I've been trying for days now with two different sd cards, I'm trying to move music and photos over to my sd card and all I'm getting is errors after errors, I've put the sd card in my pc to move them and using usb to my s5 and still the same. I'm at a loss on this one really I am

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1404927873752.jpg
    1404927873752.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 87
I've been trying for days now with two different sd cards, I'm trying to move music and photos over to my sd card and all I'm getting is errors after errors, I've put the sd card in my pc to move them and using usb to my s5 and still the same. I'm at a loss on this one really I am

Please try point no 19 on my thread on my signature. It will solve your problem...

84DGR

Oct 4, 2010
+1
I have this problem on my s5 but not on my note3 they both run kitkat which is the issue. Google has locked down the software so that you cant use 3rd party apps to transfer files straight to SD card.

Not sure of a fix yet unless you ROOT the device

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

OJsakila

Mar 14, 2009
+1
I have this problem on my s5 but not on my note3 they both run kitkat which is the issue. Google has locked down the software so that you cant use 3rd party apps to transfer files straight to SD card.

strange.. I have no problem before OR after rooting,(I have an s5 Active on AT&T)... Is it too much trouble to try restoring and starting from scratch? Quite obviously youre having a problem others aren't,(storing music on an sd card). That would lead one to belive its either a software or hardware problem specific to YOU only. Something has happened since your last clean set-up..

I don't know.. im quite slow witted but that's an idea..

of course, however, im adding them to the sd card FROM MY EXTERNAL HD. NOT from the s5 internal memory to the sd card... ...if that's the case, try moving from the phone's memory to a folder on your desktop and then back into the phone via sd card

Last edited:
Reactions: 84DGR

84DGR

Oct 4, 2010
Doing it that way yes I can achieve the desired result.
I have a media server that I used to be able to acces as follows
Es file explorer > media server
Copy file from server to sd card
Now I cant do it that way.
So I add the additional step and it works.

The other issue is quikpix or any 3rd party viewer I used to be able to delete pictures straight out of quikpix now it says I can only delete from the pre installed view (sviewer)

I hope that makes sense

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
I've been trying for days now with two different sd cards, I'm trying to move music and photos over to my sd card and all I'm getting is errors after errors,

Probably a permissions error. Kitkat restricted third party app access to the SD card to make the OS more secure. Which broke a lot of apps. But I'm just guessing because you didn't provide any details that would enable us to troubleshoot it properly. Lots of errors.. uh huh. But what were those errors? What firmware version? How is the SD card formatted? What app are you using when the errors occur?

It's like saying your car is having problems.. but not giving any idea of what that really means. Did you have trouble starting your car? Won't go faster than 70 km/h.. stall.. weak brakes.. oil pressure light on? And for that matter, what model of car are we talking about? Knowing what specific SD card errors you had is rather essential information and it's odd that you wouldn't give us those details.

I don't think you did a forum search or you would have literally tripped over all the SD card problem threads and mentioned that. Most of the recent threads talk about the problems Kitkat introduced and it isn't hard to find posts in many of them describing how to fix the issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please try point no 19 on my thread on my signature. It will solve your problem...

Thanks for getting back to me, I have tried to do what you said but it's still not working:(

+1

strange.. I have no problem before OR after rooting,(I have an s5 Active on AT&T)... Is it too much trouble to try restoring and starting from scratch? Quite obviously youre having a problem others aren't,(storing music on an sd card). That would lead one to belive its either a software or hardware problem specific to YOU only. Something has happened since your last clean set-up..

I don't know.. im quite slow witted but that's an idea..

of course, however, im adding them to the sd card FROM MY EXTERNAL HD. NOT from the s5 internal memory to the sd card... ...if that's the case, try moving from the phone's memory to a folder on your desktop and then back into the phone via sd card