OP TheMathMan

30th August 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 79

1,385 posts
More
Hi.

Had my S5 since Tuesday but having really really slow WiFi.

Not sure why but need to switch back to 3G.

Any ideas why? Every other device can connect to my 100mbps connection via my Virgin Media Super Hub.
31st August 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 621

1,978 posts
You gave us almost zero information so of course we have no idea. Rather than make a large list of possible causes, you should tell us a lot more about your configuration so that we can spot problems or narrow things down.

Look for patterns. Does this occur with all wifi connections? Have you tried wifi connections at work, coffeeshops and other places as well? If it is only on your router that should tell you a lot right there. What does your router log say? Even better, post a link to your router log or an excerpt thereof.

A snail's pace is a very vague description. Do a speed test and post that. Does the speed vary by the time of day? If this is a problem with your home router, try moving the router or changing the default channel. What mode (a,b,c,n) are you connecting in? How about a screen shot of your phone's wifi settings? You need to tell us a lot more about your phone and give us a detailed, step by step description of what you've tried so far if you are looking for good answers.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread