OP frnorke

27th August 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Ruckersville
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
More
Hi,
I recently obtained a GS5 (t-mobile). If is running Android 4.4.2 and appears to be the stock ROM from T-mobile. No matter what I do, I am unable to get the GPS to lock onto any satellites. When I use an app that requires location (yes, I've turned on location services and shared it with google location services), it just continues to show "Searching for GPS". I have experimented with this at various locations in my geographic area and it simply doesn't ever connect with the GPS satellites. Therefore, apps that need location information are extremely inaccurate because they're only getting information from the cell towers.

My service is straight talk. The phone is unlocked and I'm able to make and receive calls without issue/problems. Has any seen this issue before and/or have a suggested fix? Thanks.
27th August 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 622

1,978 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frnorke

Has any seen this issue before and/or have a suggested fix?

There are existing threads where this has been asked and answered. A valuable resource for those who look there. In short, start by ruling out software issues - check settings, factory data reset, write a full stock firmware image. That will resolve the issue for most users.

If not, then you would presumably have a hardware problem and need to have your phone serviced in or out of warranty.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, gs5, t-mobile
Previous Thread Next Thread