Anyone use Tasker with their GS5?

Search This thread

dpwhitty11

Aug 15, 2010
Houston, TX
You'll probably just have to hunt around the for activity that starts power save mode and set it to activate whenever criteria are met.

I use Tasker for wireless charging. I have one set up in my car and nightstand, so when it gets set on them, the screen timeout is set to 7 seconds and then it starts to Daydream.

I'd love one for turning on FoxFi when it realizes it's connected to a computer... But it's impossible to contact the devs. I wish they'd make it so we could launch each activity ourselves. Or at least make a plugin for it.

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
You'll probably just have to hunt around the for activity that starts power save mode and set it to activate whenever criteria are met.

I use Tasker for wireless charging. I have one set up in my car and nightstand, so when it gets set on them, the screen timeout is set to 7 seconds and then it starts to Daydream.

I'd love one for turning on FoxFi when it realizes it's connected to a computer... But it's impossible to contact the devs. I wish they'd make it so we could launch each activity ourselves. Or at least make a plugin for it.
Do you happen to know the activity?

dpwhitty11

Aug 15, 2010
Houston, TX
No idea, sorry. Best guess is to find which apk the power save comes from, and from there decompile it and try each activity until it triggers.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ba114

Mar 3, 2012
Get the app 'Activity Launcher' from the play store.

Once installed, activate the power saving option from the settings.
Open activity launcher and it should be in your "recently used" list. From here you should be able to get the procedure to call using tasker.

Top Liked Posts