OP synxx

31st August 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 20

85 posts
Donate to Me
More
hi guys, got a strange problem. when i open the camera app i seem to lose touch screen function. the volume button still works to take a picture but i cant select any option on screen.

it used to work but doesnt now. no other issues like this with the phone. ive downloaded other camera apps from the play store and they work fine but dont have the features of the stock one.

any ideas whats wrong or how to fix this?

thanks for any help or info given.

regards,
Gary.
31st August 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #2  
Info 2 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by synxx

hi guys, got a strange problem. when i open the camera app i seem to lose touch screen function. the volume button still works to take a picture but i cant select any option on screen.

it used to work but doesnt now. no other issues like this with the phone. ive downloaded other camera apps from the play store and they work fine but dont have the features of the stock one.

any ideas whats wrong or how to fix this?

thanks for any help or info given.

regards,
Gary.

common solution for system apps or better to say preinstalled apps is to clear cache, data, force stop and re open it.
Setting > Apps > Camera > Clear Cache, Data, Force Stop

then try to re open app and check issue.
Possible solutions If problem remains
- you need to restart phone.
- reset to factory
- Flash another stock firmware (that u can find in sammobile.com/firmware) via Odin

Hit Thanks if it s useful
The Following User Says Thank You to Geeks Empire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Leeds

85 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeks Empire

common solution for system apps or better to say preinstalled apps is to clear cache, data, force stop and re open it.
Setting > Apps > Camera > Clear Cache, Data, Force Stop

then try to re open app and check issue.
Possible solutions If problem remains
- you need to restart phone.
- reset to factory
- Flash another stock firmware (that u can find in sammobile.com/firmware) via Odin

Hit Thanks if it s useful

Thankyou for your help but I have already tried your first suggestion and unfortunatly it didn't help.
I was also thinking I may need to Factory reset or flash another stock firmware as I have tried deleting the app itself and installing again but I still have the same problem.

I just find it strange that I cant seem to find any info on any one else having the same issue...

Anyway when I have abit of free time I will look for a firmware and give it a try. In the mean time any other suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Gary.
23rd November 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Leeds

85 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well I figured out what was causing this. It seems installing xposed stops my stock camera app from working as previously discussed.
The app is fine installed but when the firmware for xposed is installed the camera app doesn't work, when the firmware is uninstalled the camera app works fine.
If anyone has any info on this then I would appreciate it if you could share.

I'm also gonna ask in the xposed thread to see if anyone has any explanation or info. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this and sort it out.
Thanks if any help or info is given.
Regards,
Gary.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread