Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,457 Members 41,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TowelRoot Problem on Samsung s5

Tip us?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlangdon View Post
I just got the 900V (Verizon) update which caused me to lose root. I tried towelroot v3 (with the "new samsung" settings) and still says phone not supported. Anybody with a verizon phone and the new update gotten their phone to root again? If so, can you post the settings you ended up entering after clickk=ing 3 times on the welcome to towelroot v3 text?
Try to downgrade to an earlier rom with Odin and Towelroot should work again or look in the S5 Verizon forum for more tips.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
Unofficial elelinux/albinoman CM 11.0 (4.4.4) Ktoonsez KT kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jimdude101
Old
(Last edited by Jimdude101; 8th August 2014 at 06:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Try to downgrade to an earlier rom with Odin and Towelroot should work again or look in the S5 Verizon forum for more tips.
I have the same issue, but how would one go about finding the launch kernel for the S5?

EDIT: spent some more time digging around on the web and I found that sammobile has all the S5 firmware you need to reflash back to stock April version.

dmlangdon
Old
(Last edited by dmlangdon; 8th August 2014 at 12:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimdude101 View Post
I have the same issue, but how would one go about finding the launch kernel for the S5?

EDIT: spent some more time digging around on the web and I found that sammobile has all the S5 firmware you need to reflash back to stock April version.
Try going to the general Verizon thread for the S5. There are a number of posts regarding rooting your S5 (or re-rooting): http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...axy-s5/general

billygr
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
it won't work, only give you bootloop.
using the best of both worlds : Galaxy S5 and iPhone 5s

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by billygr View Post
it won't work, only give you bootloop.
Not if you untick auto reboot in Odin, so after the flash pull the battery and you wait 15 seconds and boot into recovery and data factory reset and reboot. Did it myself mate from NG2 to NE2
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
Unofficial elelinux/albinoman CM 11.0 (4.4.4) Ktoonsez KT kernel