- An S5 that is rooted, and no longer has S-Health installed. In my case, I wanted to turn a "Custom" status S5 into an "Official" status one instead.
- A file explorer (ES is used here).
- The stock SHealth3.apk, HealthService.apk, and HealthService.odex backed up.
If you don't have them, I made a copy.
- Make sure you have no installed S Health or HealthService installed on your phone.
- Copy SHealth3.apk, HealthService.apk, and HealthService.odex from your phone's storage to /data/app .
- Set each file's permission's individually to rw-r--r-- . (Hit the Back key then choose Refresh to verify the app icons are now visible).
- Reboot your phone... check its status, which should list as Official.
As an added bonus, once you manually upgrade S Health and HealthService, you can choose to Restore any previous backups... I never allow S Health to backup prior to restoring (because there's only lousy data to back up).