No registration required

[Q] Unable to Make Camera Adjustments

OP jminor4326

22nd August 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1

205 posts
I recently upgraded from an LG Optimus G to the GS5. I looked at the camera functions, then rooted my device and am not using any ROM. Now I am unable to reach the settings-mode of the camera so the only functions I am able to adjust are the four that are currently show screen icons. I am unable to make any camera adjustments. What do I do to bring-back the settings function for the camera. Thanks
22nd August 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 239

425 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminor4326

I recently upgraded from an LG Optimus G to the GS5. I looked at the camera functions, then rooted my device and am not using any ROM. Now I am unable to reach the settings-mode of the camera so the only functions I am able to adjust are the four that are currently show screen icons. I am unable to make any camera adjustments. What do I do to bring-back the settings function for the camera. Thanks

how did the problem occur?
and from when?
22nd August 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1

205 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev

how did the problem occur?
and from when?

I have no idea when it occurred since this was the second time I opened the camera app. The only thing I did was root my phone, un-root it, then root it again. I had some issues when I was trying to paste some files onto my SD card while it was rooted the first time; I erased cache on the "reboot" screen which caused problems with the phone constantly having a message that my weather app was not working, I mean 100% of the time without letting me do anything at all, literally, until I stopped the weather app. I'm not aware of anything I did did which had any connection to the camera.
22nd August 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 614

1,978 posts
There is no apparent reason why rooting per se would affect the camera app.

Try clearing the cache from recovery mode (pull battery, replace. then press and hold in order volume up, home then power keys). If the problem persists, then go to the application manager in the settings menu and clear the cache and data for the camera app.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread