Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 52,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unroot after rooted with Towelroot on SM-G900F?

Tip us?

CallMeTut
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Unrooted update

I was able to unroot, I used Odin and a rom I had gotten when I first attempted to root a month or so ago (G900VVRU1ANCG_G900VVZW1ANCG_G900VVRU1ANCG_HOME.ta r.md5) but checking the device it still said "custom"... that was this morning about 330am.... change 10.... I just looked at it while typing this out and it doesn't say custom any more, Rebooting the device the phone stats right up (no unlocked lock) I did not loose any data or apps in the process.

tmadekush
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Don`t realy understand why the status is custom when you unrooted from within the superSU app and did a factory reset after that

yeah me too! like when the phone was rooted i didnt see that unlock or custom. my satus said official. after i unrooted it with supersu i check my device status and went back to official. rebooted the phone i didnt see the unlock or custom on startup. i thought everthing was good. acouple minutes later i restarted my phone just to make sure i was good, what do know that unlock and custom appeared again.smh i wonder why odin does work. why it keeps failing

forsberg78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Why do we need to flash a stock ROM with Odin after unrooting in SuperSU? If I unroot doesn't it automatically go back to the stock version?

minin0la
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Ok I just tried to check my device status just now while it is still in ROOT.
My device said it is Official for some reason.
However, when I tried to reboot and check again it is said Custom.
I have been using root for few days already.
Tonight I will unroot the phone. Flash stock rom with odin and factory restore. Also reboot to make sure if it is official. If it is official I take futher step. I will left it overnight and try to reboot again in the morning. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404912992698.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	2842009   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404913001427.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	2842010  

jb_alphamale
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Obviously you never flashed:
- a custom rom
-a custom kernel
-a custom recovery
Yes you can root without tripping KNOX but then if you want one from the above you trip KNOX. So far it is unavoidable and after that there is no going back to 0x0 status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minin0la View Post
Ok I just tried to check my device status just now while it is still in ROOT.
My device said it is Official for some reason.
However, when I tried to reboot and check again it is said Custom.
I have been using root for few days already.
Tonight I will unroot the phone. Flash stock rom with odin and factory restore. Also reboot to make sure if it is official. If it is official I take futher step. I will left it overnight and try to reboot again in the morning. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CallMeTut
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default A non programmers guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsberg78 View Post
Why do we need to flash a stock ROM with Odin after unrooting in SuperSU? If I unroot doesn't it automatically go back to the stock version?
A guess from left field would be that once you've rooted, some of the files (structure within the file) would have changed to of allowed root access, by flashing the stock rom, your re-writing the files that were changed during rooting back to their original state.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CallMeTut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

minin0la
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
After unrooted my phone and left it over night. My device' status is still remain as official.

Ok tmadekush, I have tried to unroot my phone. This is how I did.

1. Open the 'SuperSU' app
2. Press 'SETTINGS'
3. Scroll down until you see 'Full Unroot' and then tab on it.
4. When it is done, the device will exit the app.
5. Do a reboot.
6. Use a app named 'Root Checker' to check if you still have root access or not.
7. If no you can proceed to do flash stock rom. If not redo the process of 1-6.
8. Open 'Odin3_v3.09' on your PC.
9. Reboot device in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
10. Connect the device to the PC and make sure there is blue sign in Odin 3
11. Check that 'Auto Reboot' and 'F.Reset Time' are ticked and the rest are not.
12. Click on 'AP' and choose the firmware of your device. (If you do not have it, you can download at http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/)
13. Let it check MD5.
14. When it is done. You may press Start and wait for it to do its job
15. If everything is good. It will said 'PASS'
16. When the device boot up. Turn off the device.
17. Reboot the device in Recovery Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons)
18. Do a wipe data/factory reset.
19. Reboot the device, do all the setup and check for Device status.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_alphamale View Post
Obviously you never flashed:
- a custom rom
-a custom kernel
-a custom recovery
Yes you can root without tripping KNOX but then if you want one from the above you trip KNOX. So far it is unavoidable and after that there is no going back to 0x0 status.
I am aware of that.
I have tried to unroot the phone with no problem but did not check carefully if the device status is remain official after long time or after a reboot

Quote:
I have tried the method and everything works.
My device is now unrooted.
No KNOX trip after flash stock rom with odin.
The device status is official too.

Thanks!
However, tmadekush is having a problem when he is trying to unroot the phone. that is why I am trying to help him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmadekush View Post
i unrooted with supersu and tried to use odin and i get a Fail in the top box. and on my phone it says after odin fail:
Product name: SM-G900A
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Reactivation Lock[kk]: OFF
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0
qualcomm secure: enable [csb]
UDC START
SW REV CHECK FAIL : [ABOUT]Fuse 2 > Binary 1

does any one know what i need to do to get rid the unlock custom when i rebooting my phone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmadekush View Post
yeah me too! like when the phone was rooted i didnt see that unlock or custom. my satus said official. after i unrooted it with supersu i check my device status and went back to official. rebooted the phone i didnt see the unlock or custom on startup. i thought everthing was good. acouple minutes later i restarted my phone just to make sure i was good, what do know that unlock and custom appeared again.smh i wonder why odin does work. why it keeps failing

tmadekush
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
After unrooted my phone and left it over night. My device' status is still remain as official.

Ok tmadekush, I have tried to unroot my phone. This is how I did.

1. Open the 'SuperSU' app
2. Press 'SETTINGS'
3. Scroll down until you see 'Full Unroot' and then tab on it.
4. When it is done, the device will exit the app.
5. Do a reboot.
6. Use a app named 'Root Checker' to check if you still have root access or not.
7. If no you can proceed to do flash stock rom. If not redo the process of 1-6.
8. Open 'Odin3_v3.09' on your PC.
9. Reboot device in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
10. Connect the device to the PC and make sure there is blue sign in Odin 3
11. Check that 'Auto Reboot' and 'F.Reset Time' are ticked and the rest are not.
12. Click on 'AP' and choose the firmware of your device. (If you do not have it, you can download at http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/)
13. Let it check MD5.
14. When it is done. You may press Start and wait for it to do its job
15. If everything is good. It will said 'PASS'
16. When the device boot up. Turn off the device.
17. Reboot the device in Recovery Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons)
18. Do a wipe data/factory reset.
19. Reboot the device, do all the setup and
hey I tried this method and when I get Odin it fails.
Auth: Fail
I have the G900A AT&T us model. I was told that the bootloader couldn't be unlocked. I don't know it that's why it fails but I've tried Odin about 10xs now and they all fail

Aiden_7
Old
(Last edited by Aiden_7; 11th July 2014 at 05:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
But for return To stock rom unroot is necessary To flash The stock rom with Odin? I thinked that i could simply unroot with supersu And do a factory reset from The Phone because i have only root in original stock rom Samsung.. No custom rom no custom recovery.....

born4trance
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden_7 View Post
But for return To stock rom unroot is necessary To flash The stock rom with Odin? I thinked that i could simply unroot with supersu And do a factory reset from The Phone because i have only root in original stock rom Samsung.. No custom rom no custom recovery.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeTut View Post
A guess from left field would be that once you've rooted, some of the files (structure within the file) would have changed to of allowed root access, by flashing the stock rom, your re-writing the files that were changed during rooting back to their original state.
Hopefully the above answers your question
OnePlus One (Sandstone Black 64GB) Order Status: Shipment Pending

- REQuest: A .pit for a 16GB SM-G900F, to be used with a PHN firmware (non-branded)
- Don't flash the .pit i posted on XDA! (read why and also read this)

- Want to view/read my posts? Click here
- My (Semi) Portable Minecraft Launcher: http://web.minecraftnoob.com