[Q] Unroot after rooted with Towelroot on SM-G900F?

14th August 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Smile i would like some help please
Hey guys i had a rooted device but had to wipe my device because messed up my pin code. Anyways i lost everything and it returned the phone to stock without root but i still have a custom status.

How do i get rid of this custom status? before i try this i need to find the firmware for my model of phone. I dont know where to start.

My model is

SM-G900F international (02UK)
android - 4.4.2
baseband - G900FXXU1ANG2

ive tried on the samsung website to get the correct model firmware. Seems nothing matches my input.

If i get the firmware file then i can proceed to the steps from another post.

hope for some help

============================

I finally got this sorted. I found the firmware file for my device. Used Odin to flash it over. It must of replaced some of the files left behind from the root. Before hand I didn't get to un-root fully with Supersu as I forgot my pin. I then had to wipe the phone completely starting afresh. From there I realized that I had a custom status (because it left modified files behind i believe). I thought that maybe I would have to re-root (I tried with towelroot but was unsuccessful because I updated my device after forgetting pin). Wiping the phone caused it to update to a 3rd of july firmware meaning towelroot wasn't compatible. So rooting again wasn't an option.

Turns out after flashing with Odin replaced the modified files with original ones and now the custom status changed to official. Alot of worrying gone. Delighted.
Last edited by cmcg86; 14th August 2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Figured the problem out myself. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread