[Q] Just upgraded software on Galaxy S5 SM-G900V to 4.4.2, and my Root is now gone.

9th August 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
As the title said, I was rooted perfectly fine until I did my software update to 4.4.2. I had used Towelroot, and it was incredibly simple. But now when I try, Towelroot says "This phone is not compatible."

I reset my phone to factory settings, but apparently it doesn't roll back the software updates because I am still getting the same error.

Is there currently a root available for this? Preferably a program that is simple to use?

I am inexperienced with all of this, and if there is a step by step guide as to how to safely re-root my phone I would greatly appreciate it. I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find anything that is exactly like my case and a lot of the threads aren't step by step they assume that I know how to do a specific thing (such as flashing kernel etc).

I am hoping to hear from someone with a solution, and I greatly appreciate anyone who takes the time to help me out!

Thank you!

---EDIT---

Solved!

For anyone who has had the same problem as me, PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO (in the second post, first link. I can't post outside links because I'm a new user) http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...oesnt-t2838729

It is absolutely incredible, I'm so glad I found it. It walks you through flashing your kernel and reinstalling root access. Made the entire process easy to follow, and I had NO DATA LOSS!!!
Last edited by STDMachine; 9th August 2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Solved!!
9th August 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,663

22,628 posts
More
This is the Nexus 5 forum, not S5.

If you hit the report button in the top right /!\ you can ask a moderator to move your thread

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk < Yes, I want you to know that I'm using a mobile client
9th August 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

This is the Nexus 5 forum, not S5.

If you hit the report button in the top right /!\ you can ask a moderator to move your thread

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk < Yes, I want you to know that I'm using a mobile client

Oh wow I'm so sorry, I can't believe I missed that. I'll do that now. Thank you!
9th August 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
For anyone who has had the same problem as me, PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO (in the second post, first link. I can't post outside links because I'm a new user) http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...oesnt-t2838729

It is absolutely incredible, I'm so glad I found it. It walks you through flashing your kernel and reinstalling root access. Made the entire process easy to follow, and I had NO DATA LOSS!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread