FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Fixed] Brand new SGS5 Panorama Camera Mode frozen solid?

408 posts
Thanks Meter: 95

By leijonasisu, Senior Member on 2nd July 2014, 10:04 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I bought my SGS5 yesterday. I've been playing with it since then and today I went to use the Panorama mode. To my surprise it's just frozen.
For example. When I go to use the mode. The camera instantly freezes exactly where it was before I swapped modes. The auto-focus seems to still work and I can press around on the screen, but the screen doesn't actually show what I am looking at. It's hard to explain. It's like basically, if I had just taken a picture of something, and then I was looking at it in the gallery. Except the focus reticle is still visible. Pressing the capture button does nothing. Moving the phone does nothing. Swapping back into ANY mode whatsoever, immediately gets the camera working again and the screen instantly updates to show me what I am looking at. Panorama mode is the ONLY mode that doesn't work on my phone.

Has anyone else experienced this at all? I googled around and couldn't find anything at all about this happening on the SGS5. I really hope I don't have some sort of botched phone/sensor or something...

EDIT: Okay I rebooted a few times, and the issue still persisted however after killing some apps, it works.
It seems that the Panoram mode just requires a really large amount of RAM. The camera.apk's RAM usage jumps dramatically when you select the mode. If you're out of RAM then it won't work.
I'll leave this thread here as a placeholder in case anyone else has issues in the future.
Last edited by leijonasisu; 2nd July 2014 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Fixed

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)