Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Odin failed

Tip us?

Kickoff
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 510

DONATE TO ME
Default Odin failed

Hi,

I bought a new S5 for my girlfriend who is in love with Samsung. The phone is an unlocked G900F coming from a UK dealer. After first boot I checked the software status and the phone installed an update. Now it has G900FXXU1ANCE G900FVFG1ANC6 on.

Since I wanted to install all her previous stuff from her old S3 I rooted the phone and installed twrp 2.7. After backing up the EFS partition and making a nandroid backup I tried to install the latest Vodafone firmware because it is her provider.

But Odin fails when flashing hidden.ext4. It might be important that after the FAIL message the phone cannot boot again, however, when I install twrp again, it boots into system with no changes. I tried different PC, different version of ODIN, reinstalled the drivers and with and without SIM and SD Card.

Could somebody help me? Am I trying to install and older firmware? I had no luck with Kies3 as well (tried recover the phone) because Kies lost the connection to the phone when I choose emergency recovery.

Many thanks in advance.

bartzld
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I think there are small differences between the firmwares. I have an international g900f and tried to install the latest firmware from T-Mobile France. I got the same error. Then I installed the open Netherlands firmware and had no error

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Kickoff
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 510

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartzld View Post
I think there are small differences between the firmwares. I have an international g900f and tried to install the latest firmware from T-Mobile France. I got the same error. Then I installed the open Netherlands firmware and had no error

Thanks. I tried it worked. Do you now whether there is any G900FXXU1ANCF firmware that works?

bartzld
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickoff View Post
Thanks. I tried it worked. Do you now whether there is any G900FXXU1ANCF firmware that works?
I'm glad it worked for you. I'm still waiting for open F or newer firmware.

Kickoff
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 510

DONATE TO ME
Hi, any news on this?

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én LG-D802-el

martyn.27
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickoff View Post
Hi, any news on this?

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én LG-D802-el
i have exactly same problem trying to move from rooted rom to vodafone uk official firmware from sam,

hope someone can help pm me please if you have resolve
GS5 SM-G900F .. omega fan and loyal user

martyn.27
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Agreed wrong firmware ? Mine was unlocked and aloud me to install btu I was trying Vodafone stupid me haha

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
GS5 SM-G900F .. omega fan and loyal user