Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 44,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xposed, does it work?

Tip us?

labeeqhussain
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] Xposed, does it work?

Hi guys, I just wanted to find out whether xposed works properly on the galaxy S5? The reason why I want it is to block the in game ads, I wouldbt mind them if they were a bit smaller but the game becomes unplayable with the size of some of the ads! I read somewhere that it can softbrick your phone, is that true? If is is, then I think I'll leave it

Masum56k
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Never found a report like soft brick by using xposed.
But found so many reports about crashing with S-health & private mode by using xposed.
I'm not a developer or a master.
Wait for answer from others.

Tapatalk - Galaxy S5 (G900H)

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by labeeqhussain View Post
Hi guys, I just wanted to find out whether xposed works properly on the galaxy S5? The reason why I want it is to block the in game ads, I wouldbt mind them if they were a bit smaller but the game becomes unplayable with the size of some of the ads! I read somewhere that it can softbrick your phone, is that true? If is is, then I think I'll leave it
Install AdAway for blocking adds https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.adaway. Don`t think or heard of Xposed ever bricked a phone.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

labeeqhussain
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Install AdAway for blocking adds https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.adaway. Don`t think or heard of Xposed ever bricked a phone.

Thanks

Prof Peach
Old
(Last edited by Prof Peach; 29th August 2014 at 12:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 865

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
+1...... though I find Adblock plus works best for me. (sent from a healthy s5 running exposed framework)

Sent from my Galaxy S5 running NeatRom 0X1

Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F White): Rooted (knox OxO) - ROM: NeatROM V2.2
Nexus 7 (4 in the family) : All Rooted - ROM: CarbonRom (All F2FS)
ASUS Transformer TF300T : Rooted - ROM: ★●CROMBI-kk●★ - KERNEL: Grimlock V2
Hit thanks if this post helped you!

AMoosa
Old
Thanks Meter 187
You shouldn't block adverts. Just pay for the full version. You're decreasing the income for talented programmers, which will make them run away from Android.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 8.0
United Kingdom
Three UK

Previously owned - HTC One M8, Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue and White, Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Desire S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S, Motorola XPRT, Motorola Xoom, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire, Motorola Milestone, Nexus One, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Athena, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal (that's all I can think of for now...)

oildale
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoosa View Post
You shouldn't block adverts. Just pay for the full version. You're decreasing the income for talented programmers, which will make them run away from Android.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
And what do we do if they don't offer a pay version and subject us to ads anyway? I'll buy an app just to get rid of ads. It's a way to get people to buy apps that works. But if they're going to force me to have an obtrusive ad bar with no way to get rid of it? Yeah, I'll block them.

The Following User Says Thank You to oildale For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]