Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 50,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] FingerSecurity - Fingerprint lock for all apps

Tip us?
 
hazri1974
Old
#141  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 747
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Clephas View Post
Yes do you know a third party app which stay alive even if the user wants to force stop it

Edit:
Whatsapp and facebook are doing this with push notifications
I mean really alive without push notificatoins waking up again

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Ermmm....if that i dunno bro...iam not expert in this field...maybe someone more expert on android can help you....really sorry bro..

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Rick Clephas
Old
#142  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazri1974 View Post
Ermmm....if that i dunno bro...iam not expert in this field...maybe someone more expert on android can help you....really sorry bro..

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thats fine I hope it is possible...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Clephas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Saltwarehouze
Old
#143  
Saltwarehouze's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Clephas View Post
Yes do you know a third party app which stay alive even if the user wants to force stop it

Edit:
Whatsapp and facebook are doing this with push notifications
I mean really alive without push notificatoins waking up again

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I don't think there is any app that cannot be forced stop. It is a user's right to force stop an app.

Maybe you can do something like AdBlock Plus that puts an icon in the status bar to inform users that it is running its service?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405976112768.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	2863790  
 
Rick Clephas
Old
#144  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwarehouze View Post
I don't think there is any app that cannot be forced stop. It is a user's right to force stop an app.

Maybe you can do something like AdBlock Plus that puts an icon in the status bar to inform users that it is running its service?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I understand but the problem is that since this is a securety app. This force stop thing is a big hole in the security. So the only thing i can think about is protecting the apps thath can force top an app......

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
carvajaljn
Old
#145  
carvajaljn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 203
Join Date: May 2011
Location: En algun lugar de mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Clephas View Post
This option is available it is called timout.
Or is that not what you mean

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I am sorry, I do not want to be so useless

I meant i had an idea

He has got a bad English when writing it, sorry…

But if it means timeout
Best Rom
 
doctor_vai
Old
#146  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Clephas View Post
Hi doctor_vai

Unfortunatelly Samsung API supports only the following thing

The API makes a difference between Unlocking with the finger or with a alternative password.
So your idea could work with this(max 2 profiles)

The problem is apps can only get this information from there own request.
I can't get this information from the lockscreen.

If you have any idea how this may work without getting this kind of information from the lockscreen please let me know.
I think it would be a really nice option

Hmm in that case, i lean towards making a widget in the home screen kinda like an on and off switch. Once the user open it, he will be invited to swipe his finger (no needs to selective fingers in this case). If the private mode (The mode that locks sensitive apps) is off, it will be switched to the working state and vice-versa. It's much simpler and will save a heck load of time.

Just make the easy accessed widget practical. No delays/Animations between clicking and having it opened. Remember, the user here want to protect his apps quickly

Good luck
 
Rick Clephas
Old
#147  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_vai View Post
Hmm in that case, i lean towards making a widget in the home screen kinda like an on and off switch. Once the user open it, he will be invited to swipe his finger (no needs to selective fingers in this case). If the private mode (The mode that locks sensitive apps) is off, it will be switched to the working state and vice-versa. It's much simpler and will save a heck load of time.

Just make the easy accessed widget practical. No delays/Animations between clicking and having it opened. Remember, the user here want to protect his apps quickly

Good luck
Okey thanks thats i great idee i can do that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes