[APP] FingerSecurity - Fingerprint lock for all apps

Search This thread

Storken

Jul 4, 2007
Is it possible to make so you can lock one specifik person in the phone book not the whole phone book

tcntad

Dec 14, 2011
Stockholm
So what the hell do I do now?!!

I flashed SimplRom but wasnt to happy bout it after all. I restored my nandroid. Now I cant use any of my thumbs to login.... Before this app starts I can make it all the way to settings\fingerprint reader and notice 1 print is registered... But nope.

Edit:
Used an app to remove fingersecurity but now I cant re-register my prints...

Last edited:

Rick Clephas

Jul 17, 2014
So what the hell do I do now?!!

I flashed SimplRom but wasnt to happy bout it after all. I restored my nandroid. Now I cant use any of my thumbs to login.... Before this app starts I can make it all the way to settings\fingerprint reader and notice 1 print is registered... But nope.

Edit:
Used an app to remove fingersecurity but now I cant re-register my prints...

Are you able to authenticate yourself with your fingerprint in the settings of your device?

srinathmc

Aug 9, 2011
why my note 4 draining battery very fast by using fingerprint app lock

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Rick Clephas

Jul 17, 2014
why my note 4 draining battery very fast by using fingerprint app lock

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

FingerSecurity is designed to drain as less battery as possible. FingerSecurity will be deactivated when the screen is turned off. The battery percentage in the settings is somewhat high but your overall battery life should not change much :)

tcntad

Dec 14, 2011
Stockholm
Are you able to authenticate yourself with your fingerprint in the settings of your device?

Nope. Settings\Finger scanner \Manager doesnt allow me to me authenticate myself. Nor top unlock the phone.
I can use my alternative password to unlock the phone but in finger scanner it says "Enter your backup password" <I enter it> which gives me the reply "An incorrect backup password has been entered"

Rick Clephas

Jul 17, 2014
Nope. Settings\Finger scanner \Manager doesnt allow me to me authenticate myself. Nor top unlock the phone.
I can use my alternative password to unlock the phone but in finger scanner it says "Enter your backup password" <I enter it> which gives me the reply "An incorrect backup password has been entered"

It sounds like the fingerprint data is corrupted. The only way to solve that is by doing a hard reset :$

tcntad

Dec 14, 2011
Stockholm
It sounds like the fingerprint data is corrupted. The only way to solve that is by doing a hard reset :$

Sounds bad, really bad.
I entered enough wrong attempts at unlock screen and logged in usin google instead. From there I could change to a pattern based lock, much easier.
But whats the difference between backup password at unlock screen compared to the backup password at finger manager?? I have tried every known password to me still it fails^^

Rick Clephas

Jul 17, 2014
Sounds bad, really bad.
I entered enough wrong attempts at unlock screen and logged in usin google instead. From there I could change to a pattern based lock, much easier.
But whats the difference between backup password at unlock screen compared to the backup password at finger manager?? I have tried every known password to me still it fails^^

During the registration of your fingerprints you specified a backup password.
When you keep trying to unlock you device it will eventually offer alternative methods(e.g. google account) to unlock the device.
So you used an alternative method to remove the fingerprint protection from your lockscreen.
But the fingerprint services itself is still not working :$

tcntad

Dec 14, 2011
Stockholm
During the registration of your fingerprints you specified a backup password.
When you keep trying to unlock you device it will eventually offer alternative methods(e.g. google account) to unlock the device.
So you used an alternative method to remove the fingerprint protection from your lockscreen.
But the fingerprint services itself is still not working :$

Nope it doesnt..
Neither does any kind of password I enter in finger manager when trying to delete or change password..

What if I restore that Nandroid backup again?

reevester

Sep 20, 2007
San Francisco
Can I use this app on an AOSP ROM on my Galaxy Tab S?

The AOSP ROM isn't able to use the Fingerprint scanner but hopefully this app should enable that?

Rick Clephas

Jul 17, 2014
Can I use this app on an AOSP ROM on my Galaxy Tab S?

The AOSP ROM isn't able to use the Fingerprint scanner but hopefully this app should enable that?

No unfortunately that is not possible. AOSP Roms don't have the required settings to setup the fingerprint sensor. So the fingerprint sensor won't work. Therefore FingerSecurity won't work either :$

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FingerSecurity is a security app for Samsung devices with a fingerprint reader. The app will protect apps of your choice with your fingerprint.

RNjR7BY8iN7XtQy0OzfVXaUrvkdMve8nYHsoGT3iB2u0ACij_wRtbQvT7w2E5GnWtc8=h310-rw
    wY0QpgB0jbl_VHdMyieFEczls0CU8JeVX6ls2sK9gWaE7XDmeualBZYF5iypmDhsKw=h310-rw
    Tn3SErNJ-p5ZHYoaDDrLoRuXdSZOAvuMuqOXrUGn_0_UDAehGPeCaGZwrv6E1HA6J54=h310-rw
    Km8awOPP9Weks6cEzaXh43eIx66FB1M8JU6KdnJ7qwwDe5y4Hvted6Wusc2-9wKlCg=h310-rw
    rOiWjF5Z3thKRb38Qc7OvPdfSCTUYCVZ314CS0T1-AuTQhIgJlYw6bVmiJD0cjHsAw=h310-rw

With it's first release on July 16, 2014 FingerSecurity is the first app that allows an owner of a Samsung device with a fingerprint sensor to protect their apps with their fingerprints.
    FingerSecurity allows you to protect any app with your fingerprint. FingerSecurity has many options to make your life easier and more secure.

- Protect any app with your fingerprint
    - Widget for fast enabling/disabling
    - Set timeouts to allow a short switch between apps
    - Unlock multiple apps at ones
    - Use your alternative password or pin code to unlock apps when your fingerprint is not recognized
    - FingerSecurity can’t be uninstalled or killed
    - Automatically protect new apps
    - Use your favorite image as background
    - Use a fake crash dialog
    - Automatically unlock your apps at specific locations
    - Only allow specific people(fingerprints) to unlock an app
    - Protect notifications of protected apps

***FAQ***
    - Why is my device not supported?
    FingerSecurity will only work on Samsung devices with a fingerprint sensor. So your device is not a Samsung device or your Samsung device does not have a fingerprint sensor.

- A notification is asking for a backup password. What should I do?
    This is a security feature from the system(it is not a part of FingerSecurity but from Samsung’s firmware). When you scan your fingerprint too many times without identification then the system will block the sensor and ask for your backup password. The backup password was specified during the registration of your fingerprints(this might not be the same as your alternative password for FingerSecurity). You have to enter your backup password else you can’t use the fingerprint sensor.

- I can’t remember my backup password.
    Unfortunately there is no way to reset the backup password. The only solution is performing a hard reset.

- FingerSecurity uses a lot of battery after updating.
    Please restart your device. Then FingerSecurity will work normal again and the battery usage will drop.

More information:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rickclephas.fingersecurity
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/themes-apps/themes-themes-fingersecurity-t2854653
    https://plus.google.com/communities/115259588790075802436
    I uploaded a new version of my app. It will be available within a few hours.

Changes:
    • Added indicator
    • Added option to hide indicator
    • Fixed timeout error

If there are any more errors please let me know.

I am still working on a solution for the "returning to homescreen" problem.

Feel free to let me know if there are things you would like to be added.
    Fantastic job on the app, I love it! I have just one request:

It'd be great if "themes" didn't just include the fingerprint itself, but also the background color of the security screen. I'd love to make it black, etc.

Do you have an account on github or twitter where I can donate a few bucks as a "thank you" for this great app?

I am working on options to customize the background and also some text :D See attached sneak preview.

I don't own a twitter or github account.
    If you like then you can donate via PayPal. http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=5950828

Sent from my SM-N915FY
    Amazing this thing can secure my phone and tab. Thanks!! Working awesomely! Great animation and design. Google should hire you!

Thanks. I am working on a material design version :D

Sent from my SM-N915FY using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    A wish come true.. You are amazing!!! Works flawlessly. This just needs a finger swipe indicator and it should be perfect already.