Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,227 Members 47,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTANIMATIONS] Samsung Galaxy S5 BIOS Boot Animation [1080x1920]

Tip us?
 
PDrizzly
Old
(Last edited by PDrizzly; 2nd July 2014 at 02:12 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default [BOOTANIMATIONS] Samsung Galaxy S5 BIOS Boot Animation [1080x1920]

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here so hello to everyone!

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 after having iPhones for years and I haven't stopped using it since. I was looking into boot animations and I saw all the BIOS boot animations but realized that no one had created one for the Galaxy S5 yet. Because of that I made one myself specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S5 meaning that all the files are in the QMG format and not the typical bootanimation.zip style. Attached to this post are two zip archives containing the animation file. Both attachments are the same animation but one runs at 18FPS while the other runs at 22FPS. This way in-case your phone boots slower or faster than mine there will be time to completely finish the animation.
I also have it rendered at all different framerates from 5 to 60 so if you need it somewhere else let me know.


Let me know what you think as I plan on making a more unique animation in the future!


How to Install (Device Must be Rooted):
1.Download bootsamsung.qmg file to device
2. Go to system/media
3. Rename the existing bootsamsung.qmg to bootsamsungOld.qmg or something else (do not delete)
4. Rename bootsamsungloop.qmg to bootsamsungloopOld.qmg or something else (carrier animation, can delete if do not want)
5. Place the bootsamsung.qmg file you downloaded into here
6. Change the permissions of the bootsamsung.qmg file to: Owner: read,write Group: read Others: read
7. Reboot your phone and see if it works!

Since I am a new user I can't put images or a video preview here due to them being external links.
Below in attachments along with the animation files there will also be another zip archive containing a GIF preview and two pictures.


***EDIT***
Also in the attached files you will find bootanimation.zip which is the animation files for phones that dont use the Samsung .QMG file format. Note that it is still at 1080x1920 in terms of resolution and will play at 18FPS until you modify the desc.txt

Thanks, PDrizzly
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to PDrizzly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Joe0113
Old
#2  
Joe0113's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1648
Posts: 4,272
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dutchess County, New York

 
DONATE TO ME
Can I have one in ".zip" format please? The GS5 ROM I am using (MOAR ROM on Sprint GS5) has custom bootanimation support and uses .zip files for bootanimation!
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired


Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v2
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel with some tweaks
Theme: Velur (Nova icon pack)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP


Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!
 
Eris _2.1_2010
Old
#3  
Eris _2.1_2010's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 391
Posts: 2,026
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Logansport, IN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113 View Post
Can I have one in ".zip" format please? The GS5 ROM I am using (MOAR ROM on Sprint GS5) has custom bootanimation support and uses .zip files for bootanimation!
+1

Sent From My Galaxy S5 Far Far Away
 
sarbe
Old
#4  
sarbe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,534
Join Date: Sep 2010
Works great, thanks mate.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
PDrizzly
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default Now bootanimation.zip format is also available for download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eris _2.1_2010 View Post
+1

Sent From My Galaxy S5 Far Far Away

All set, just check the post now its in the attached files section.

Thanks!
 
Joe0113
Old
#6  
Joe0113's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1648
Posts: 4,272
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dutchess County, New York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDrizzly View Post
All set, just check the post now its in the attached files section.

Thanks!
Thanks buddy, it is "bootanimation.zip" one right?
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired


Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v2
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel with some tweaks
Theme: Velur (Nova icon pack)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP


Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!
 
PDrizzly
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113 View Post
Thanks buddy, it is "bootanimation.zip" one right?


Yes, that one is the standard format all the others attached files are the .qmg file format for samsung phones.
 
Skarfist
Old
#8  
Skarfist's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDrizzly View Post
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here so hello to everyone!

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 after having iPhones for years and I haven't stopped using it since. I was looking into boot animations and I saw all the BIOS boot animations but realized that no one had created one for the Galaxy S5 yet. Because of that I made one myself specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S5 meaning that all the files are in the QMG format and not the typical bootanimation.zip style. Attached to this post are two zip archives containing the animation file. Both attachments are the same animation but one runs at 18FPS while the other runs at 22FPS. This way in-case your phone boots slower or faster than mine there will be time to completely finish the animation.
I also have it rendered at all different framerates from 5 to 60 so if you need it somewhere else let me know.


Let me know what you think as I plan on making a more unique animation in the future!


How to Install (Device Must be Rooted):
1.Download bootsamsung.qmg file to device
2. Go to system/media
3. Rename the existing bootsamsung.qmg to bootsamsungOld.qmg or something else (do not delete)
4. Rename bootsamsungloop.qmg to bootsamsungloopOld.qmg or something else (carrier animation, can delete if do not want)
5. Place the bootsamsung.qmg file you downloaded into here
6. Change the permissions of the bootsamsung.qmg file to: Owner: read,write Group: read Others: read
7. Reboot your phone and see if it works!

Since I am a new user I can't put images or a video preview here due to them being external links.
Below in attachments along with the animation files there will also be another zip archive containing a GIF preview and two pictures.


***EDIT***
Also in the attached files you will find bootanimation.zip which is the animation files for phones that dont use the Samsung .QMG file format. Note that it is still at 1080x1920 in terms of resolution and will play at 18FPS until you modify the desc.txt

Thanks, PDrizzly
Thanks man looks pretty good but would be improved with more colour and some kind of animation other than text. Good stuff though, much better than carrier boot.
 
PDrizzly
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarfist View Post
Thanks man looks pretty good but would be improved with more colour and some kind of animation other than text. Good stuff though, much better than carrier boot.
Thanks alot man I appreciate it. My next animation will definitely be much more unique and complex.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PDrizzly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Skarfist
Old
#10  
Skarfist's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDrizzly View Post
Thanks alot man I appreciate it. My next animation will definitely be much more unique and complex.
Cool, look forward to it

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes