FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Lollipop Xposed Framework Alpha 4 Released

Good news to all Xposed Framework fans. XDA Senior Recognized … more

Do You Rock Two Phones?

A few people in the comments were surprised to find out that a number of the XDA staff actually use two phones … more

Brand Loyalty: OEMs Giveth and Then Taketh Away

The majority of users here at XDA will feel fierce brand loyalty for a company, whether … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Audio [APP](Root Req)Viper4Android Sound

16th April 2014, 02:36 AM |#1  
OP Member
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Just wanted to post that I have installed Viper4Android and it works beautifully on my rooted S5. This app is the #1 reason I root.

This app will change the way you think about sound (seriously). Every time I demo the difference to someone by turning it on and off they immediately ask me to install it for them.

Installed using directions by @docnok63, paraphrased below for your convenience. I have only tested this app on my rooted T-mobile S5, and only with spotify (it's the only player I use). Of course you should always backup first and only you are responsible for what you do to your device.

1. Ensure you are rooted. From this point on, grant all superuser requests.

2. Download ViPER4Android FX. Get the latest version under the "Android FX" heading.

3. Extract the 4.x .apk from the zip. If you haven't already, smart-install Busybox from the play store.

4. Move the 4.x .apk to root system/app using a root-friendly file browser of your choice. Reboot to reset permissions.

5. Launch the app (from your app drawer). Grant root to let it install drivers. I've always gone with super audio quality; I suppose it's up to you. It may ask you if it can modify some files to disable power saving...just let it happen. Reboot again.

6. Go straight to settings/sound/music effects (at the bottom) and toggle Viper4Android as default.

7. Open root system/build.prop using a file explorer and text editor with root access. You change three lines of code as follows. Some may already have been changed.

Code:
Ipa.decode=true should read Ipa.decode=false
tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false
8. Save the file and reboot once more. Open the Viper4Android app and have at the sound settings; play around until you find what works for you (just make sure to check "Enable" ). You can edit the settings as you have music playing. When you get it where you want it, toggle the enable button and see how far you've come.

You can explore the main app thread here for some ideas on customization.

All credit due to @viper520, @zhuhang, and @docnok63.

All I did was paraphrase. Hope this helps someone!
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to duwerk For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th April 2014, 12:46 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Mine still doesn't work D: followed these instructions exact I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

EDIT: Does work, just doesn't work in the default Samsung galaxy music app.
Last edited by Carlislee; 17th April 2014 at 01:22 AM.
17th April 2014, 04:30 PM |#3  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 562

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlislee

Mine still doesn't work D: followed these instructions exact I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

EDIT: Does work, just doesn't work in the default Samsung galaxy music app.

I have not been able to get this to work with the stock app on any version of KK but it works fine with Poweramp. Just have all EQ and processors in Poweramp turned off and in Poweramp settings/audio/advanced tweaks make sure everything is unchecked.
17th April 2014, 05:08 PM |#4  
Flag Henderson, NV
Thanks Meter: 452

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLee

I have not been able to get this to work with the stock app on any version of KK but it works fine with Poweramp. Just have all EQ and processors in Poweramp turned off and in Poweramp settings/audio/advanced tweaks make sure everything is unchecked.

WOW...it works here for me. At first it didn't. I looked for updates and it offered v2.3.3.0 Installed that and it's really noticeable with my ear buds. This is with Google music player. I have PowerAmp premium too. Have not tested on that but it for sure works with the latest APK I referenced and it is installed as a system app. One of those build.prop edits was already set while the other two needed to be changed, just an FYI. If you aren't on the latest APK, update. I am on the latest update of Alliance ROM here on my T Mobile S5 variant....fyi.
24th April 2014, 04:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi guys can someone tell me what to do if i cant find the build.prop stated above on my device?
do i have to make the new one or to leave it as it be?
since i dont feel any difference and when i change the preset i dont feel any changes so please help me i would be very gratefull thx a lot
24th April 2014, 10:05 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Nice one. Was just trying to get cyanide dsp working, was getting frustrated and then saw this... fantastic sound!

Cheers mate!
Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app
25th April 2014, 03:01 AM |#7  
Flag Henderson, NV
Thanks Meter: 452

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoryzz

Hi guys can someone tell me what to do if i cant find the build.prop stated above on my device?
do i have to make the new one or to leave it as it be?
since i dont feel any difference and when i change the preset i dont feel any changes so please help me i would be very gratefull thx a lot

It's in system folder. You need to use an appropriate method of editing that allows you to change from read only to read write. Also for me you have to be running 2.3.3.0 version of Viper. And finally, at least for me, I set this up and it runs until I also use the app Poweramp. Seems as soon as I use PowerAmp with the equalizer on, it breaks the functionality within 2 seconds of starting any song. If you use the menu function while running the Viper app, look at driver staus which not only shows the version but if you are running a song it will say yes to processing which verifies the app is running. (build prop editor by JRummy Apps in Playstore is free and works great) (Of course Root Explorer is my all time favorite, paid app that has a ton of functions, including editing)
26th April 2014, 07:55 PM |#8  
Vladikavkaz, RNO-Alania
Thanks Meter: 126

More
So it didn't work for me, unless deleted the mod and installed everything from scratch as a normal app instead of a system one. To make it work with Poweramp, had to enable " compatible mode", add "music fx" button to "tone/vol" screen and turn it on. Now it works.
Last edited by Gassity; 26th April 2014 at 11:08 PM.
29th April 2014, 06:41 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Anyone here having trouble with signal after flashing this mod?
Or is it just me

Sent from my SM-G900H using xda premium
30th April 2014, 08:22 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 187

Donate to Me
More
Awesome! Trying this out soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
booyah, galaxys5, root, viper, viper4android
Previous Thread Next Thread