FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Total Launcher Beta

1,594 posts
Thanks Meter: 632

By berniesteven, Senior Member on 2nd February 2015, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi folks;
I stumbled upon this launcher last week. Used it all weekend and really like it. Extremely light and fast and unbelievably customizable.
Released by ChYK, the author of sslauncher. It's still in beta, so there are some bugs. I think you will like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.ss.launcher2

SM-G870A Peace
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to berniesteven For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd February 2015, 08:25 PM |#2  
Flag Banja Luka RS
Thanks Meter: 1,260

More
Hi, any Tipps and Tricks? I have Problems wit a Dockbar, can you help me?

I wont a Dockbar with 7 Apps. And how can I set the same Size for every App on Homescreen?

Thanks for an Answer
Last edited by HorstiG; 7th February 2015 at 08:05 PM.
2nd February 2015, 09:39 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Laconia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorstiG

Hi, any Tipps and Tricks? I have Problems wit a Dockbar, can you help me?

I wont a Dockbar with 7 Apps. And how can I set the same Size fpr every App on Homescreen?

Thanks for an Answer

The best thing is to just play with it. To make a dock bar, add the "app group", edit it to 1 row and 7 columns. Add the apps you want, adjust icon size, move it wherever you want, and then pin it to all your pages.

SM-G870A Peace
2nd February 2015, 10:36 PM |#4  
Flag Banja Luka RS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniesteven

The best thing is to just play with it. To make a dock bar, add the "app group", edit it to 1 row and 7 columns. Add the apps you want, adjust icon size, move it wherever you want, and then pin it to all your pages.

SM-G870A Peace

Great, thank you for Answer.
I have only problems with Widgets, cant add to app group. I have for Notifications an App with Name Notifiyer, she build an Widget for every App I wont and show me a counter.
3rd February 2015, 01:51 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Laconia

More
Quote:

I have only problems with Widgets, cant add to app group. I have for Notifications an App with Name Notifiyer, she build an Widget for every App I wont and show me a counter.

Sorry I can't help. Just learning this myself.

SM-G870A Peace
3rd February 2015, 11:20 AM |#6  
Nice find. Pretty good. Coming from my heavily customized Nova Launcher this is light, refreshing and efficient.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to ibike2much For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2015, 12:18 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Thank you for this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniesteven

Hi folks;
I stumbled upon this launcher last week. Used it all weekend and really like it. Extremely light and fast and unbelievably customizable.
Released by ChYK, the author of sslauncher. It's still in beta, so there are some bugs. I think you will like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.ss.launcher2

SM-G870A Peace

Hi,
I'm the developer of the launcher.
Thanks a lot for this thread open.
I hope this will be helpful to many users of Total Launcher!

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote:

Widget cannot be added into app group.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geek21c For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2015, 12:49 AM |#8  
Flag Banja Luka RS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek21c

Hi,
I'm the developer of the launcher.
Thanks a lot for this thread open.
I hope this will be helpful to many users of Total Launcher!

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Widget cannot be added into app group.

Too bad, you can not edit it?
4th February 2015, 01:40 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Wink The reason it is not possible
Quote:

Too bad, you can not edit it?

Please let me tell why it is not possible.
The vertically scrolling view like app group or app drawer is reuse the child view (for item) while scrolling to increase the scrolling performance (smoothness). That is, the child view scrolled off will be reused for appearing item because it is exactly same for all items. Now let's think the situation that a different widget are in there. The widget is absolutely different view from the others so it must be recreated whenever it appears as scrolling. This will cause lags.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geek21c For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2015, 03:47 AM |#10  
Flag Banja Luka RS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek21c

Please let me tell why it is not possible.
The vertically scrolling view like app group or app drawer is reuse the child view (for item) while scrolling to increase the scrolling performance (smoothness). That is, the child view scrolled off will be reused for appearing item because it is exactly same for all items. Now let's think the situation that a different widget are in there. The widget is absolutely different view from the others so it must be recreated whenever it appears as scrolling. This will cause lags.

Lightning Launcher Extrem has an Option for sliding Folders with horizontal or vertikal scrolling and it works great. Itīs also for Apps, Shortcuts and Widgets.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...liding_folders

And the other big problem, notifications donīt work. Gmail, Outlook, Telegram and so on. Only the Messenger works.

Galaxy S5 (G900F) KK 4.4 Stock
Last edited by HorstiG; 4th February 2015 at 04:25 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread