Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Javelin the best browser

Tip us?

affliction
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112

DONATE TO ME
Default Javelin the best browser

Javelin was launched less than 2 months back. And now, I am putting extra effort in making it work perfect on the <DEVICE>.

I think, Javelin browser is the best browser for <DEVICE> over Chrome or any other browsers, for the following 3 reasons.

A - MULTI-TASK truly with Javelin Stack.
AKA Link-Bubble functionality. Javelin Stack allows you to Open links in other apps and view in without switching back and forth to the full browser.

B - BLOCK annoying ads
Native ad-block means faster load speeds, use less data.

C - KITKAT TRANSPARENCY
Javelin is the ONLY browser that makes full use of KitKat's transparent status and navigation bars so you can view the entire website on your screen.

Other Javelin features:
  • 1-touch navigation gestures
  • Built-in VPN
  • Uses AOSP WebView
  • Reading mode

DOWNLOAD JAVELIN BROWSER: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lacorp.javelin
JOIN COMMUNITY (for beta releases): https://plus.google.com/communities/...12179443137104

(How Javelin Stack works)

(Javelin Browser)

------------------

What do you think?

Feel free to reply to the thread on your feedback and if there are any issues on [DEVICE], so the dev can make Javelin Browser better for current [DEVICE] owners

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
GOOGLE+:

if i helped hit "THANKS" and show some love
If i went that extra mile for you why not consider a same donation
If anyone needs help with there 3vo pm me i will do my best to help you out
The Following User Says Thank You to affliction For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sarbe
Old
Thanks Meter 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by affliction View Post
Javelin was launched less than 2 months back. And now, I am putting extra effort in making it work perfect on the <DEVICE>.

I think, Javelin browser is the best browser for <DEVICE> over Chrome or any other browsers, for the following 3 reasons.

A - MULTI-TASK truly with Javelin Stack.
AKA Link-Bubble functionality. Javelin Stack allows you to Open links in other apps and view in without switching back and forth to the full browser.

B - BLOCK annoying ads
Native ad-block means faster load speeds, use less data.

C - KITKAT TRANSPARENCY
Javelin is the ONLY browser that makes full use of KitKat's transparent status and navigation bars so you can view the entire website on your screen.

Other Javelin features:
  • 1-touch navigation gestures
  • Built-in VPN
  • Uses AOSP WebView
  • Reading mode

DOWNLOAD JAVELIN BROWSER: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lacorp.javelin
JOIN COMMUNITY (for beta releases): https://plus.google.com/communities/...12179443137104

(How Javelin Stack works)

(Javelin Browser)

------------------

What do you think?

Feel free to reply to the thread on your feedback and if there are any issues on [DEVICE], so the dev can make Javelin Browser better for current [DEVICE] owners

I like the look of this, can you make it so you can import bookmarks from Firefox, not just Chrome?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

affliction
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112

DONATE TO ME
I believe u can do both i use Chrome i know that works well but my favorite thing is opening a link but not having to actually got straight to that page. It will open in a little pop up bubble and i can open it when im ready 2

GOOGLE+:

The Following User Says Thank You to affliction For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sarbe
Old
(Last edited by sarbe; 12th July 2014 at 03:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 456
Quote:
I believe u can do both i use Chrome i know that works well but my favorite thing is opening a link but not having to actually got straight to that page. It will open in a little pop up bubble and i can open it when im ready 2

It only has the option to import bookmarks from Chrome. Can you make it import from FF? I'm not interested in the little bubble, that isn't as important as importing my bookmarks.

RooBoonix
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I like the browsers interface and gestures etc... The gestures and animations are snappy and it is a nice browser to use.

However, I find it very slow at loading pages (compared to Chrome) and the removal of the top url/tab bar isn't very smooth, nor is the reappearance of it. It seems to jump away/jump back in rather than flowing with the page as you scroll up/down.

I think that it just needs a bit of finessing and speeding up when loading pages. I'm not sure if it's the built in ad block slowing it down? But it can be a good few seconds slower than chrome.

I will keep trying it as it updates and I hope the browser gets better and better as it certainly has the potential.

Cam.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

AnarchoXen
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooBoonix View Post
I

However, I find it very slow at loading pages (compared to Chrome) and the removal of the top url/tab bar isn't very smooth, nor is the reappearance of it. It seems to jump away/jump back in rather than flowing with the page as you scroll up/down.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
Agreed.

affliction
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112

DONATE TO ME
Well just so you know it's still in early development so it will just keep getting better! More speed and more features are soon to come. Now me personally I think it loads just as fast as Chrome. I have both browsers on my phone. But the main thing I love about javelin is if I don't want to go right to the link i clicked on I don't have to the link will load in the little bubble and i can go to it when I'm ready to

GOOGLE+:

Eris _2.1_2010
Old
Thanks Meter 335
Quote:
Well just so you know it's still in early development so it will just keep getting better! More speed and more features are soon to come. Now me personally I think it loads just as fast as Chrome. I have both browsers on my phone. But the main thing I love about javelin is if I don't want to go right to the link i clicked on I don't have to the link will load in the little bubble and i can go to it when I'm ready to

I'm liking that load in the bubble feature as well. I've used Dolphin browser for quite some time. Then I found UC Browser which is faster at loading web pages. And now this browser, which feels a little faster than UC.

Sent From My Galaxy S5 Far Far Away

sarbe
Old
Thanks Meter 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbe View Post
It only has the option to import bookmarks from Chrome. Can you make it import from FF? I'm not interested in the little bubble, that isn't as important as importing my bookmarks.

BUMP