Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,227 Members 46,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keep the original weather app?

Tip us?

Jon12345
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Keep the original weather app?

I have upgraded from a Nexus 4 to a S5.My home screen has the default weather app, which takes up half the screen almost!

Do you keep the default weather app that comes with the S5 or do you recommend something else?

Also, any recommendations on what to use for an alarm clock? I used the default alarm clock on my Nexus 4 before.

Thanks,

Jon

ra6o74
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon12345 View Post
I have upgraded from a Nexus 4 to a S5.My home screen has the default weather app, which takes up half the screen almost!

Do you keep the default weather app that comes with the S5 or do you recommend something else?

Also, any recommendations on what to use for an alarm clock? I used the default alarm clock on my Nexus 4 before.

Thanks,

Jon
The original weather widget can be made transparent at 100%. I'm using the default alarm clock and I'm completely satisfied with.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
4.4.2 ROOTED

Skyrocket2
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon12345 View Post

Thanks,

Jon
Check out this thread for the mod weather: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2766014

Rippley05
Old
Thanks Meter 475
I always debate this myself. You can make the widget transparent is settings, but I also like the background changing with the weather.

I'm currently using Nova launcher so I have no choice, but Beautiful Widgets has excellent options. I'll go back to TouchWiz launcher eventually, just feels like Nova is missing something that stock offers. Can't put a finger on it tho

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app