FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

S5 Camera manual shutter settings - AVAILABLE!

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By kiwi_radical, Member on 14th July 2014, 01:38 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th February 2015, 05:46 AM |#11  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does anyone have any method to enable the shutter speed manual and the manual focus?any mod, rom, flash or something?

28th February 2015, 09:39 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubmar

This thread might be one month old but still shows up on top of google when looking for samsung camera shutter speed, so I decided to clear some stuff up.
1. Manual shutter speed means that you can control how long your shutter is opened and thus affectt amount of light comming into it (= makes making night photos easier but might require a tripod).
2. Google added new camera api with Android 5.0. This API allows for manual shutter and shutter control and RAW file saving, HOWEVER phone maker must still update camera firmware for it to work.
3. Only few phones with Android older than 5 had those manual options, im speaking about those huge camera-phone hybrids like samsung galaxy camera for instance. So if you do not have android 5+ then there is NO real shutter control or focus control on your phone.

Now lets go to FV which is wonderful piece of software:
1. It is first android app to support Lolipops camera features, however for those features to work camera firmware must be upgraded.
2. Almost no one upgrade their camera firmware as of yet, FV manual options work only on Nexus5 and 6 at the moment. And this is a huge letdown and dissapointement. Another dissapointement is apathy from android community which does not seem what a great camera features they are missing because of oems lazyness.
3. If you do not have updated camera firmware then FV will enable a 'false' shutter mode, which is just capturing images from screen preview (thats why theres 2mp or so size limit) and then mixing them up together using image processing techniques - this is nowhere near how real shutter works.
4. Only time when you have a working shutter and manual focus is when you have android 5.0 phone with camera firmware that supports those changes, which are only few right now - nexus 5 and 6, maybe one or two other but for sure not our galaxy s5 ( I have s5 with official 5.0 and it does not have those features)..

I'm saying this from ex-windows phone user perspective, who is really dissapointed in how android develops at the moment. I've had windows phone and they have those features for at least 2 years now. (But then Nokia/MS used to practice dirty tricks as well, like in order to make new phones more appealing they reduce max/min possible shutter speeds on older phones).

I was reading up for my wife's GS5, I tired the app before reading above comment on my Nokia X2 DS. Custom shutter seems to work I tried with 5 seconds and 10 seconds.
22nd March 2015, 06:26 PM |#13  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahanzzzeb

I was reading up for my wife's GS5, I tired the app before reading above comment on my Nokia X2 DS. Custom shutter seems to work I tried with 5 seconds and 10 seconds.

but you cant make 1/8000s
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
manual shutter

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)